Manager 1, Software Development & Engineering
Posted on: July 21, 2021
together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to
create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a
Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and
fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a
wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of
change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable
people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for
millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for
teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to
lead the future in media and technology, we want you to
fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in
the planning and designing of software and web applications.
Manages projects from design to testing, including new programs,
enhancements and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance
team to conduct testing. Has overall responsibility for
developing/administering performance standards for organizational
unit. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt
employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as
required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department
efficiencies and assists in the development and meeting of
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web
applications, including new programs, enhancements and
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other
departments in identifying product and technical requirements.
Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between Software
Engineering and other teams.
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products
and applications. Organizes software update process for existing
applications and coordinates the roll-out of software
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines,
specifications and budgets. Implements performance metrics and
prepares periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and
reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological
developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates
competitive applications and products.
- Develops proposals, hardware/software changes and other capital
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work
performance reviews and Ensures work performance is adhering to
Company standards. Mentors, trains and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Denver , Manager 1, Software Development & Engineering, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!