Eng 3, Software Dev & Engineering
Posted on: July 21, 2021
together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to
create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a
Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and
fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a
wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of
change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable
people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for
millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for
teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to
lead the future in media and technology, we want you to
fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of
new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with
training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience,
knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work
priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and
technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration
- Designs new software and web applications, supports
applications under development and customizes current applications.
Assists with the software update process for existing applications
and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff
on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical
requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test
results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the
solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and
guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications
fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies,
concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, process
design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural,
design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, project management
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
Cloud application development (PCF, AWS, Docker and
Kubernetes), Web application development, Spring Framework, Java,
Python, Scala, Java Script, React JS, OAuth/ OpenID Connect
integration, publish/subscribe to messaging interfaces (Kafka,
Kinesis and RabbitMQ), Concourse CICD, Jenkins, Unit testing,
Integration testing, & test/ deployment automations.
Good to have:
Spark, PySpark, Job scheduler, Grafana, ElasticSearch,
LogStash, and Data streaming (Kinesis, kafka and etc.)
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Denver , Eng 3, Software Dev & Engineering, Other , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!