Posted on: July 21, 2021
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web
applications. Edits new and existing applications. Implements,
testing and debugging defined software components. Documents all
development activity. Works with moderate guidance in own area of
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to
the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new
applications under development and the customization of current
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications
fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts,
skills and their application in the area of specified engineering
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, project
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for designing, developing, monitoring, and
supporting new and existing software and micro services in a
24x7x365 global environment.
- Development, testing, and debugging software components in a
complex and innovative environment. Should have fair idea on the
Agile development methodology and work in 3-week sprints.
- Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Experience working Unix/Linux environment.
- Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting
to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s).
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. Sharp analytical
- Knowledge of object-oriented , distributed system, and various
Cloud technologies ( AWS, Cloud foundry).
- Experience working in Rally or user story tool.
- Development experience developing, and maintaining micro
services and REST based interfaces using Spring boot.
- Experience Working with Oracle and/or Mongo DB.
- Experience working in Queuing technologies such as Kafka,
- Experience in a 24x7 operational services or support
- Experience in working with CICD tools such as GOCD, Concourse
and maintaining CICD pipeline.
- Experience writing Junit tests.
- Troubleshoot and respond to errors, bug fixes and issue
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Denver , Software Engineer, Other , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!