Kitchen Support -Winter Seasonal
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail
Resorts.As a community of
adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of
a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is
made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously
push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether youre looking
for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to
reach your peak.
Individuals in this position will be responsible for
operation and execution of the dish pit area, dry chemical closet
space, janitorial areas, up keep of employee locker room, employee
uniform area, food receiving and recycle area and back storage
room. The dishwasher is responsible forkeeping the dish pit area
clean at all times, ensuring plates, platters, china, chafers,
serving equipment, silverware, glassware are stacked correctly to
be rinsed, washed and passed through the machine and put back in
their right spots when clean.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of dish room
area, pot sinks, front and back line kitchens, pastry kitchen,
loading dock and employee bathrooms.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace
in a hot and humid environment.
- Keep up to date with the cleaning schedule as advised
by Senior Kitchen Management.
- Ensure the kitchen, line and restaurant floor have
the right amount of pots, pans, utensils, china, glassware and
silverware at all times during operation
- Demonstrate ability to set up and breakdowna three
- Take daily temperature of the final rinse cycle of
the machine and maintain the log.
- Pick up and replenish used pots and pans from the
line during service.
- Stock and maintain all the janitorial storage
- Ensure all hand wash stations in the kitchen and
bathrooms are stocked with towels, hand wash soap and
- Assist in garbage removal from the kitchen and
breaking down of food storage bins.
- Sweep, brush, squeeze and mop floor regularly to
avoid slips and falls.
- Ensure the kitchen mats and drains are cleaned daily
- Always use personal protective equipment while
working mainly protective gloves when using a metal
- Clean out the dish machine regularly during service
and de-lime the machine frequently.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or
advised by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior
- General awareness of working in a professional
kitchen and in a dish area
- Prior Dishwashing experience in a fast paced
professional kitchen -
- Must possess the following key essential qualities -
adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and
a keen eye for detail -
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs -
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours -
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work long
hours, weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas
Day, December 23rd to January 4th, Presidents Day Weekend and other
holidays as requested required.
The budgeted range
starts at $15.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on
The perks and benefits
- Free ski passes for
- 401(k) retirement
- Accrued Sick
- Discount lift tickets for friends and
- Free ski
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5
meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul &
- Excellent training & professional
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for
the above, plus
- Critical Illness and Accident
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
(only available once eligible employees work 750
- Free ski passes for
If youre hard working
and feel exhilarated serving others, youll feel right at home in
our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a
community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience
of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town.
If youre interested in moving mountains in your career,
come work with us at Breckenridge where youll
instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Denver , Kitchen Support -Winter Seasonal, Other , Breckenridge, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!