Engineer, New Beverage
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage,
personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and
other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have
been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in
creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been
nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of
sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as
well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes
Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our
quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER
THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING
THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Manage Innovation projects which require aptitude in beverage
packaging, product qualification, High-speed production and
principles of project management. Work closely with Innovation
colleagues, key subject matter expert suppliers and various
cross-functional global contributors to aggregate data, present
results and make recommendations. When needed, research and develop
new technologies and solutions to address identified gaps.
What are we looking for?
- Drive 'New Beverage' category adoption in Aluminum packaging by
identifying detailed limitations and generating solutions
- Lead efforts to dissect product problems with Method
development, validation and DoE principles
- Work with cross functional Ball team to validate results and
align with stakeholders
- Project Management -
- Self-actualized path-finding
- Innovation 'fuzzy' front-end focusing; Charter creation and
- Organization of timelines, resources & costs
Owner and occasional developer of document tools to drive
- Cost-impact estimate and analyses
Generate and present data summaries and reports on project
status, analytical findings and formal recommendations.
- Advocate for quality solutions via: Defining the CTQ of these
product opportunities, Dissecting problems and risks associated
with new beverage/product opportunities in Aluminum packages and
solving for any potential gaps.
- Build, grow and manage supplier networks and external resources
to solve problems and reach goals
- Apply analysis to results and transition those into Product
and/or Process solutions for the business
- Use financial modeling tools to combine and compare solution
scenarios and feed decisions within the business
- Advocate for specific product categories by researching and
advising on the associated regulatory and market requirements as
needed for the business
- Contribute to larger Innovation group initiatives - Ideation,
applied expertise, etc.
Region and Global Specific Responsible Areas:
This role within Global Innovation will lead, the sensory-based
evaluations and manage product projects to improve consumer
Supplementing; ongoing global projects and peer Engineers by
contributing sensory and critical to beverage product quality
advocacy and expertise, this role will define CTQ criteria for new
beverage categories and generate products and solutions to
capitalize on these opportunities.
Where needed this role will also speak to food safety and
regulatory considerations specific to that opportunity particular
to product and region.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired
through college level education. MBA a plus.
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum
- Including: Creation, organization and management of analytical
evaluation plans; Technical Project Management
- 5+ years of Technical-focused experience including: Consumer
product sensory analysis, Food safety, Evaluation planning, Data
analysis, and communicating technical information and results
- Project management and/or technical experience in the Food and
Beverage sectors a plus
- Strong technical skills generally associated with a college
level degree (engineering or similar) including, strong verbal,
written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and think / troubleshoot in a nonlinear
manner and to follow directions where applicable
- Able to work independently, identify problems, overcome
roadblocks and develop solutions via clear focus and will to drive
stakeholders and suppliers for milestones and solutions
- Excellent skills in building interpersonal relationships, team
building, leadership and where needed driving collaborative-work
within and outside of Ball
- Strong computer & sophisticated data analysis skills required -
MS Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project. XLSTAT, Mini-Tab,
- Follows established procedures where applicable. Work is self
and/or peer reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- General Engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and
procedures, quality assurance principles, and the manufacturing
- Sensory Sciences - Tests, best practices and associated
- Food safety and associated packaging regulatory factors; TTB,
European Commission, USDA, ANVISA, etc.
- Food and Beverage safety processes including; Pasteurization,
Hot-fill, Retort & Aseptic among others.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined
by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
"Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for
personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Denver , Engineer, New Beverage, Other , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!