The Operating Engineer has a strong focus on operating,
maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility equipment on
all systems. In order to successfully complete daily/weekly work
assignments, the Operating Engineer is expected to demonstrate
technical expertise in one craft area (e.g., Electrical, HVAC,
Piping/Plumbing, and Central Utility Plant Operations) and be
multi-skilled in others.
- Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable
government and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
- Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Perform maintenance and monitoring repairs to the mechanical,
plumbing, structural, furniture, control, and fire, life and safety
systems to keep building systems up to applicable standards.
- Maintain HVAC systems and equipment at optimum levels (e.g.,
cleaning, inspecting, and changing parts).
- Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure
proper operation of equipment.
- Comply with departmental policies for the safe storage, usage,
and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
- Review monthly Client Service Request summaries to pinpoint and
correct recurrent operational problems.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional
- Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situations
(e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, and hazardous conditions) and
take appropriate actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or state equivalent
- Minimum of two years of college or related trade schooling
- Minimum of four years' experience in electrician trade or
related field - or, minimum of four years' experience in
HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Valid U.S. driver's license with a clean driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel
protective equipment (PPE).
- In strict accordance, ability to perform all applicable safety
policies, procedures, and practices.
- Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve
operating costs - especially energy! - and satisfy customer
- Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with
thermodynamic, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as
computer controlled equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending,
kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead,
- Walking large, campus-like settings.
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops to access
- Using ladders up to 30ft and working from heights.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a
tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
JLL offers competitive wages and benefits to eligible employees,
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, Dental &Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Executive Benefits
- Parental Leave Pay
- Short and Long Term Disability Leave
$51,700-$68,640 or $25-$33/per hour
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and
affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and
investment management services. We take our responsibility to
protect the personal information provided to us seriously.
Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the
purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment
process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with
appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it
for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it
safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data,
please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of
our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of
the employment process - including the online application and/or
overall selection process - you may email us at
Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an
accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries
to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Pursuant to the Arizona Civil Rights Act, criminal convictions
are not an absolute bar to employment.
Pursuant to Illinois Law, applicants are not obligated to
disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest.
Pursuant to Columbia, SC ordinance, this position is subject to
a background check for any convictions directly related to its
duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be
considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy
Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your
personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device
you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Ordinance, JLL will consider for employment all qualified
Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner
consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and