Building Maintenance Technician - $16.50 - $22.50 per hour DOE - Affordable Housing Available
Company: Alterra Mountain Co
Location: Winter Park
Posted on: June 12, 2021
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
WHO WE ARE: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest
major mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by our
convenient location, though you'll feel remotely tucked away in our
high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000
acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and
an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are
fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just
wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome
experience waiting for you!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: Winter Park Resort is a place for
mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place
to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover
the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you
are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the
Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for
everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
PERKS & BENEFITS: There's more than a free season pass waiting
for you! You don't just get a job at Winter Park, you get an
experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a
variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round
and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
Maintenance Technicians work as an integral part of the larger
Winter Park Resort Lodging (WPRL) Division's team. The WPRL
comprises the following departments: Front Desk; Housekeeping;
Laundry; Condo Maintenance; Owner Relations;; Commercial
Management; Village Company, and the Vintage Hotel.
We are charged with assuring the safe, efficient,
fiscally-responsible and high-quality operation of this significant
physical plant (from the largest building infrastructure systems
through to in-condo appliances and minor repairs) 24 hours a
day/365 days per year.
The Maintenance Tech is very much considered a "Front Of House"
role with regular service interaction required between the Tech and
our guests, homeowners, internal partners and other
Expeditiously and effectively responding to guest/owner calls
for maintenance assistance forms one of the most critical functions
of this role. Additionally, completing daily/weekly/monthly/annual
routine and preventative maintenance tasks and taking on
specialized project work rounds out the rest of this role.
Maintenance Techs will typically have a "home" property as their
base, however the Techs can expect to be assigned to tasks and
projects in every property at different times depending on business
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently respond to all maintenance calls dispatched either
the via HotSOS work order system, over the Lodging Division radio
system, in person or via phone. Complete maintenance tasks to the
highest degree of quality.
- Use all established protocols for approaching, announcing and
entering any condo (whether believed to be vacant or occupied) -
- Leave work location (whether condo, common area, maintenance
shops, employee area or administrative area) in pristine condition
following project completion.
- Display professionalism, proficiency and guest-centric demeanor
when interacting with guests, homeowners and peers at all
- Escalate issues that the Maintenance Tech is not able to
effectively address to Foreman or Manager in a timely manner.
- Report on completion (or delay if further issue is discovered)
immediately via use of HotSOS or other communications tools as
- Accurately diagnose more complex maintenance issues including
in-unit problems, building systems problems. Can trouble-shoot
larger issues (multiple units, multiple-property issues) and
provide a timely and succinct update to all stakeholders.
- Able to complete plumbing, electric, HVAC, carpentry/finish
repairs without supervision when dispatched on maintenance
- Has achieved proficiency levels in the above items which would
enable Maintenance Lead to provide basic training and project
oversight to other team members.
- Is honest and demonstrates integrity
- Follows established resort policies and procedures
- Able to manage confidential information
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within
- Is supportive of resort mission and core values
- Sets a positive attitude for others to follow
- Is comfortable challenging established policies and procedures,
but once decisions are made, is supportive of decisions
- Is organized and capable of performing multiple tasks
- Is trustworthy and self-directed in work tasks
- Sees projects through to completion including follow-ups on any
identified issues or long-term concerns
- Able to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Is flexible with days and hours of work, based on resort
- Prioritizes, and re-prioritizes personal time versus work needs
to ensure a good balance in life, and quality of work.
- Must be able to work outside in the winter and summer under
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, standing,
- Must be able and comfortable working on ladders and in genie
- Must be able to work in diverse locations with varying
temperatures, light and noise levels (e.g. boiler rooms, spa
mechanical rooms, garages, crawl spaces).
- Must have dexterity to operate radio, computer, blackberry,
hand-tools, power tools, and other equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Trade Licenses Highly Desired
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer
- Valid Colorado Driver's License ad clean motor vehicle record
- Minimum of one (1) year in residential maintenance, property
management or in a customer service role required.
- Excellent working knowledge and proven skills in general
maintenance and demonstrable experience and skills in plumbing,
electric, carpentry/finish and HVAC including use of all necessary
tools, equipment and materials and associated PPE where
- Proven experience in the hotel, lodging and hospitality
industry (especially resort lodging or ski area lodging)
- Experience using HOTSOS preferred.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these
times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end
of Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual
pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
hourly pay range: $16.50 - $22.50 per hour
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any
term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate
against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex,
color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by
state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable
accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park
Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including
selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination,
and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in
this position. I understand that this document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will"
Keywords: Alterra Mountain Co, Denver , Building Maintenance Technician - $16.50 - $22.50 per hour DOE - Affordable Housing Available, Other , Winter Park, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!