Vehicle Maintenance Center Supervisor
Company: PAE Government Services Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the
Vehicle Maintenance Center Supervisor
The Vehicle Maintenance Center (VMF) Supervisor is responsible
for the oversight of repairs and maintenance to United States
Antarctic Program (USAP) heavy equipment and light vehicles. The
position is based in Centennial, Colorado and deploys to Antarctica
each austral summer season.
GENERAL DUTIES (not all inclusive):
- Directs the activities necessary to maintain and repair
approximately 300 light vehicle and heavy equipment assets of the
United States Antarctic Program.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace
program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the
- Sets deadlines and establishes the sequence of work operations
to be followed; maintains balanced workloads by shifting
assignments, workers, and other resources to achieve the most
effective work operations.
- Reviews and analyzes work accomplishments, cost, and
utilization of personnel to evaluate work progress, control costs,
and anticipate/avoid possible problems by recommending corrective
action to upper management.
- Ensures all employees are trained for the specific task
- Provides input to the VMF Cost Account Manager regarding labor
and materials budgets and management of same.
- Updates Cost Account Manager (CAM) with monthly financial
- Reviews VMF personnel time sheets for accurate time charging on
a weekly basis, minimum.
- Maintains detailed and accurate information of labor hours and
- Position supervises the work of all mechanics, skilled and
unskilled labor engaged in the repair and upkeep of the McMurdo
- Must maintain vehicles and equipment in accordance with
manufacturers recommendations and industry standards, where
- Determines annual re-supply requirements. Ensures all
requisitions are submitted in accordance with schedules, guidelines
and policies to meet shipping deadlines for annual USAP vessel
- Monitors all work in-progress to ensure quality, timely
completion and control of material.
- Provides labor and material support to USAP field camps and
other stations as directed.
- Performs follow up inspections as required on equipment.
- Documents work order progress.
- Maintains records of shop activities, prepares and submits
reports as requested.
- Handles confidential matters (personnel actions, management
reports, etc.) in accordance with PAE and management guidelines and
- Provides training and orientation to VMF employees on
- Accurately track all data related to metrics.
- Supports the achievement of Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
metrics, whether metrics can be directly or indirectly affected by
this position's activities.
- Complies with all ASC Environmental Health & Safety, and
Quality Assurance, requirements and goals and provide documentation
to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal
- Position may perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Relevant experience may be accepted
in lieu of a degree. Two years training at a technical school is
- Valid US Driver's license is required.
- Minimum of five years' experience in vehicle maintenance with
three years of experience at the supervisory level is required.
Requires knowledge of mechanical theory applying to commercial and
special purpose design vehicles and equipment, using lubricants and
tools, methods of hoisting and handling heavy mechanisms, internal
combustion engines and electrical and hydraulics systems.
- Experience with fleet maintenance and/or fleet management
experience highly preferred.
- Experience in project or maintenance management is
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication
- Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste
management policies and procedure.
- Annual deployment to McMurdo Station, Antarctica is required
for this position. The individual in the position must successfully
complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the
NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements
may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment
- PAE covers all program related expenses for travel to and from
Antarctica as well as housing and food while deployed.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
While benefits are subject to change, under our current benefits
policy, this position offers the following benefits:
- PAE paid basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
(AD&D), and Short-Term Disability insurance.
- Long-Term Disability insurance is offered for an additional
- Benefits are immediately available upon first date of
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) free services that include
short-term counseling assistance & life management tools available
for you and your eligible dependents
- Access to tax-advantaged plans, such as Flexible Spending
Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care.
- Choice of medical and dental plans administered through
- Dental options through Delta Dental to include a high or low
- Vision services are offered through Vision Service Plan.
- 401(k) options are available through Fidelity. After a year of
full-time employment, there is an employer match of 50% of
participant contributions up to first 6% of your pay.
- You are eligible to earn 15 days of Paid Time Off each year.
PTO is accrued on a weekly basis. PTO accrual increases to 20 days
per year after four years of service. PTO increases to 25 days at 9
years of service.
- PAE recognizes 6 core holidays and allows 3 floating holidays
per calendar year to be pro-rated based off of which quarter
- Biweekly pay periods.
Pay Range $73,000 through $95,000 annualized.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
PAE is a drug free workplace.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring
practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United
States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation,
marital status, family structure, medical condition including
genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental
or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the
job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or
any other protected category under federal, state, or local
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Government Services Inc, Denver , Vehicle Maintenance Center Supervisor, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!