Software Engineering Manager
Company: DISH Network Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At SLING TV, we operate at the intersection of culture and
invention, redefining the meaning of consumer choice to evolve our
product and the medium it helped invent.
More than five years after helping millions of Americans cut the
cord and disrupting Pay TV for good, our product continues to
thrive because of the culture that helped shape it. We foster
opportunity both for our customers and the employees who serve
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a group of
high-performing software engineers who are passionate about problem
solving, technology, and innovative product development. In this
role, you will be instrumental in growing the team and guiding
software development to successfully support future growth and
initiatives for the organization. You will be responsible for the
hiring, supervision, and retention of your team and for ensuring
that they have the necessary support to consistently meet customer
schedule and quality expectations. You will also lead by example in
pushing yourself and the department to continuously find ways to
improve and innovate our product, processes, and culture. Above
all, your work will impact the way the world experiences Sling.
What You Will Do
- Ensure that engineering staff have access to the skills, tools,
processes, etc. that they need to produce high-quality, on-time
software that meets our customers' expectations
- Coach and mentor your team in learning and expanding their
expertise along their career path
- Recruit, retain, lead and inspire our engineering teams
- Deliver results on complex development projects involving teams
across the company
- Collaborate with internal customers and company leadership to
achieve higher level company objectives
- Communicate engineering team processes and priorities to
stakeholders and customers as needed
- Work with customers to resolve business critical concerns
- Ensure that delivery teams are resourced and supported in order
to meet the prioritized needs of the department
- Clearly communicate schedule and quality expectations and
ensure that teams are operating efficiently
- Instill, strengthen, and maintain a culture centered on
continuous improvement and agility
- Build and promote a work environment for high performance that
is highly Agile, Collaborative and team centric
- Resolve employee conflicts through creative means to assure
employee support and accountability to timely and quality project
- A track record of "followership" - people want to work for and
- Experience leading teams through the full software development
life cycle including managing cross functional project teams (Dev,
QE and Automation).
- Proven track record of hiring, growing and nurturing cohesive,
high performing development teams.
- Ability to work with external partners, cross functional teams
and internal partners.
- 3+ years personal hands on software development experience
working on systems level software.
- 3-5 years of experience managing and leading teams developing
enterprise products in a high-growth, fast-paced system software
- Experience with Agile frameworks like Scrum and with continuous
integration / continuous delivery
- Ability to motivate yourself and others, prioritize your own
work, and adapt and thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical
and non-technical audiences
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or
You might also have:
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform
services - AWS Preferred
- Development experience working with Web Framework Technologies
like React, Angular and/or Ruby
- Knowledge of common web services protocol
Compensation: $77,100.00/Yr. - $101,700.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check
out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a
pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
Keywords: DISH Network Corporation, Denver , Software Engineering Manager, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!