Analyst, Business Intelligence
Company: Denver Public Schools
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $71,481 - $89,350
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for performing technical analysis to solve business
problems using advanced methods. Contributes to operational goals
by influencing district decision-making. Administers the
maintenance, procedures, and reporting district wide systems and
Evaluates business needs and works with end users to build
reporting products/solutions that deliver results using both
standard reporting and visualization tools with an exceptional user
experience. Responsible for evaluating data and making
recommendations on its impact, completeness, and quality. Builds a
strong relationship with our business users to ensure they have
data solutions that help enable optimal performance in their
- Researches and applies analytical methods to solve complex
problems. Analyze systems, programs, datasets and reports, to
enhance the efficacy of district programs, processes, procedures,
goals and objectives. Create metrics, examine data, interpret
findings and extract insights.
- Improves data storage practices, in order to optimize extract,
analysis and delivery of content. Handles actual data collection
and input into systems; creates and documents queries; audits and
cleans data; setup and validate infrastructure complies with
established processes and guidelines.
- Applies established research design to assess and provide
advice to key stakeholders. Monitor and determine the impact of
industry developments; determine data collection requirements;
tracks and maintains results; studies data and reports
- Maintains proactive communication with key internal and
external stakeholders; prepares dashboards and data visualizations
to support recommendations for practitioners, partners and district
stakeholder in effort to reveal gaps and areas of improvement.
Works closely with functional experts, provides mentorship and
catalyzes strong collaboration among all resources involved.
- Develops performant Structured Query Language (SQL) queries
using best practice and dynamic functions in diverse database
- Evaluates user needs and works iteratively on design,
development and implementation of data products to meet needs.
- Creates an exceptional end to end user experience.
- Evaluates complex data sets for ingestion into a mart.
- Troubleshoots standard extract, transform, load (ETL)
- Uses development practices that are sustainable and
- Collaborates with team to review code and solution designs that
improve delivered products.
Knowledge, Experience Other Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience building business
- Experience using source control tools like Visual Studio and/or
GItLab and building dashboards and visualizations with PowerBI,
Tableau, or Looker.
- Experience with and advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Preferred experience designing user experience architecture in
data visualization and working with cloud native data tools.
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn new advances in
cloud native tools and technologies, including Azure, AWS,
- Demonstrated work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Collaborative and creative in working in new
- Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with internal
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential
- Effective at leading technical teams directly and
- Ability to inform and guide senior leadership on key Business
Intelligence (BI) decisions.
- Advanced problem solving skills for difficult and complex
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted
reporting and business recommendations, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate results to
business leaders, preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics,
Engineering, Sciences, Operations Research) required.
- Master's Degree in Quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics,
Engineering, Sciences, Operations Research) preferred.
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we
arent always in the schools, were in it for the kids. We work
closely with our school leaders to ensure were putting great
teachers in every classroom, and take great care to ensure DPS
hires and retains the highest quality candidates for all roles
throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared
Core ValuesStudents First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration,
Accountability and Fun into everything we do. Additionally, we
support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways
including facilitating professional development and performance
management activities and designing and managing Total Rewards
Programs to help Team DPS achieve health and wellness for
themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a
dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred professionals who come
from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of
commitment to support Denver Public Schools vision: Every Child
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational
needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood.
Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous,
enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high
school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including
traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with
an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the
country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school
district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn
more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other
status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all
qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors.
Keywords: Denver Public Schools, Denver , Analyst, Business Intelligence, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!