Cook Intermediate Employee Dining Room- Rocky Mountain National Park
Company: Xanterra Parks & Resorts
Location: Estes Park
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Rocky Mountain National Park is hiring for the position of Cook
Intermediate for our Employee Dining Room (EDR). Our EDR caters to
approximately 60 internal guests who will appreciate a good meal to
start each day and a relaxing meal and environment upon completion
of their day at 12,000 ft. You will be an important part in
establishing lasting memories for so many people who visit Rocky
Mountain National Park.
"There's a world out there, and you've got to look at both sides
of the mountain in your lifetime", is a quote by Bill Janklow,
which helps illustrate the importance of the supporting staff at
Rocky Mountain National Park. Our EDR staff is an integral part at
Rocky, helping to create lasting memories for our guests who visits
Xanterra at the Trail Ridge Store & Caf.
Looking at both sides of the mountain is important in a role
which provides comfort for so many people at Rocky Mountain
National Park. Working with Xanterra Travel Collection, you can
Live, Work, and Explore in some of the most beautiful places on
The season at Rocky Mountain National Park runs from
approximately mid-May until mid-October. All positions at Rocky
Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time
year round positions.
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest
service in an efficient manner.
- Perform all duties with respect to the Company's Core Values,
Mission Statement, and guest services standards.
- Responsible for prep, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking
of cook lines and appropriate prep areas.
- Preparing employee meals in a timely manner, maintaining all
sanitation requirements. Cleaning, and restocking the kitchen and
employee dining room.
- Accepting deliveries from vendors, communicating any
discrepancies or substitutions to the Operations & Supply Chain
- Responsible to maintain cleanliness of the kitchen area,
working on a schedule to deep clean all equipment on a rotation
basis throughout the season.
- Menu planning may be a possibility.
- Read and follow any given recipe with consistency and accuracy
- Accurately measure and/or weigh ingredients.Perform all duties
in an efficient and productive manner with little to no
- The EDR staff is responsible for all food prep, cooking,
cleaning, and dishwashing.
- Monitoring FIFO (First In First Out) making sure each area is
- Comply with ServSafe protocol.
- Adhere to all sanitation requirements including product
rotation, temperature maintenance and record keeping, storage
procedures, cooking requirements, and handling techniques.
- Ability to complete orders, by the plate or the pan, properly,
according to approved menu specs, and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work from prep and par lists and follow standardized
recipes. Commit food specifications to memory.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information in a short
period of time.
- Adhere to and understand ServSafe standards and practices.
- Thoroughly complete all assigned food preparation and side work
duties in a timely manner.
- Responsible for prep set-up, service, clean up, and restocking
of line and prep areas.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with
all co-workers and supervisors.
- Conduct should be professional, with the awareness that all
actions and communications are within staff view. Ensure a
congenial atmosphere for all.
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Work quickly, efficiently, and safely with all kitchen
- Able to work with minimum supervision, evenings, nights,
weekends, or holidays.
- Perform duties outside the job classification assigned by
management along with any other responsibilities deemed
- Previous line or batch cooking experience.
- ServSafe certification a plus.
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Must understand FIFO (First In First Out) procedures.
- Working knowledge of all equipment used within the food and
- Knowledge of basic sanitation and kitchen equipment
- Comprehending and extending/converting recipes.
- Be able to perform all daily cleaning assignments as scheduled
- Ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8
- Ability to work in a hot environment for long periods of time,
approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Denver , Cook Intermediate Employee Dining Room- Rocky Mountain National Park, Other , Estes Park, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!