At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING
BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees
across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most
technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions
provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market
experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing
know-how, supply chain insights and global product management
expertise to enable success for the world's leading brands. We are
driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each
other, our communities, and the environment.
Drive continuous improvement in operational metrics while
maximizing profitability within the business unit. Drive team to
exceed customer expectations. Provide exceptional support to
customers, team members and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Identify people requirements that meet the needs of the
Workcell and the customer/product (i.e. # of ME's, QE's, TE's,
- Communicate people requirements to Functional Managers
- Identify key factors in team member turnover that can be
improved and make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on
an ongoing basis.
- Coach and mentor Workcell team members daily to deliver
excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives to determine
individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results
against project timelines, knowledge of operational roles and
responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Provide ongoing feedback to Functional Managers on team
member's contribution to the Workcell.
- Express pride in team and encourage members of the Workcell to
feel good about their accomplishments.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key
operational metrics and in the achievement of the customer and
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in
times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are recommended fairly and
consistently in the Workcell to Function Managers.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and
information with the workcell.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an
appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from Workcell team.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt
own communication style accordingly.
- Act as a communication link between the Business Unit and
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
- Define, develop and implement a customer/workcell strategy that
contributes to the campus strategic directions.
- Develop an understanding of the Functional business strategies
as they pertain to the workcell/customer.
- Provide regular updates to the Function Manager, Business Unit
Manager, and Assistant Operations Manager on the execution of the
- Identify resource requirements that meet the needs of the
workcell and the customer/product (i.e. machines, lines,
- Communicate resource requirements to Function Managers.
- Develop the monthly business unit forecast with the Business
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes
and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation
of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete
re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor department cost and cost trends,
striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to Business Unit Manager and Assistant
Operations Manager on costs and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Prepare timely forecasts for the workcell.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results
for trend assessment and analysis.
- Complete variance of actual results versus the forecast on time
and communicate results to Business Unit Manger, Assistant
Operations Manager, Operations Manager and Workcell Team.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train the workcell teams on the validity of management by
metrics and with the team monitor all workcell metrics.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis
and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and
implement new practices and processes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet,
and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and
effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Lead by example.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other in-house units
and Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout
the Jabil organization.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled
- Review all internal and external business plans, process
changes, and personnel changes related to Workcell. Influence
win/win outcome on unreasonable demands and bad plans.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations
associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security
EDUCATION AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree preferred; and five years experience, one year
in a supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and
The anticipated pay range for this role is $79,143 - $150,117. A
competitive salary will be determined by the education, experience,
knowledge, skills and abilities of the selected applicant, as well
as internal equity and alignment with salary market data. As part
of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a bonus
based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance
your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical,
dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and
employee stock purchase plan; and paid time off.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $79,143 - $114,577 -
$150,117. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine
the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience,
geographic location, education, external market data, and
consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible
for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil
offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self.
These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k)
retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.