Senior Engineer, Ends Innovation
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage,
personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and
other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have
been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in
creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been
nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of
sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as
well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes
Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our
quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER
THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING
THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Responsibility for the day to day engineering, planning, and
operation of the global innovation BTIC end pilot line equipment.
Collaborates and provides technical support for other global
innovation engineering, design, and quality functions.
What will you be responsible for?
- Subject matter expert for high speed aluminum metal forming
technologies, including drawing, stamping, shell and end
- Day to day engineering, planning, and operation of the global
innovation BTIC end pilot line equipment
- Scheduling & planning
- Raw materials
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, corrective action plans,
- Change over, maintenance, & spares programs
- Safety - SOPs, Lock-out Tag-out, etc.; EH&S
- Assure quality testing is getting complete according to
Reporting, documentation, & presentation of process conditions,
- Innovation equipment & process engineering: selection, install,
& modification of equipment to enable production of new innovative
processes and products
- Project management activities: AFEs, installation and startup
of pilot line assets including scheduling and cross functional
- Collaborate & organize internal & external support resources,
contractors, and suppliers as needed to deliver against project
- Process development - design & execute trial plans including
process controls, DOE's, etc. to deliver robust commercial ready
process windows and recipes
- Support the design, quality, and engineering resources in
establishing and carrying out quality testing methods, equipment, &
gauges according to performance specifications.
- Follows new product launches into the production environment to
assist with knowledge transfer from the pilot line for an effective
production startup / handoff
- Collaborate with process innovation team to identify, select,
and implement new technologies, sensors, automation, etc.
- Participates in receipt, inspection, measurement and inventory
of high-precision tooling, where a high attention to detail is
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through
college level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 4-8 years minimum.
- Strong technical skills generally associated with a college
level degree (engineering or similar).
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to multitask and think / troubleshoot in a nonlinear
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
- Ability to overcome roadblocks by enabling others with clear
communication, troubleshooting, and at times simply propping up
others where needed.
- Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness
of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
Assists with the preparation of presentations.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: engineering
principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, quality
assurance principles, and the manufacturing process.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77,500 - 115,500 (Salary to be
determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment
with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
"Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for
personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Denver , Senior Engineer, Ends Innovation, Other , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!