Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Extraction Tech is responsible for taking product and using
company methods and procedures to extract cannabis oils to be
produced into our concentrate line. All policies and standard
operating procedures must be followed at all times to ensure the
safety of all employees. The Extraction Tech is expected to operate
under the highest standards of compliance and professionalism.
- Produce shatter, wax, decarbed oil, and Distillate for edibles
and topicals according to company procedure and quality.
- Record all extraction data using the Extraction Hash
- Adhere to all work safety requirements including but not
limited to lifting, bending, and move up and down ladders
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance on work surfaces,
tools and related equipment to ensure the MIP is well
- Keep doors closed when not in use.
- Wear PPE/protective clothing when working with plants solvent
and Hash Oil.
- Before exiting the facility remove protective clothing and
ensure that there is no cannabis on your personal clothing, shoes,
Equipment and Safety
- Operate ETS equipment and LSE equipment safely according to
company procedures to produce end product for our infused
- Perform daily safety checks and preventative maintenance.
- Participate in weekly safety meetings to stay up to date on all
- Ensure health and safety is the number one goal by following
policies, processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Employee will be expected to perform a successful respirator
fit test once onboarded to the Extractions department. Respirator
fit test recertifications will be performed on a yearly basis and
must be passed each year in order for the employee to maintain
their position within Extractions.
- Information learned in the Extractions Department is
proprietary and confidential.
- Any techniques or processes learned in the Extraction
Department are the property of Livwell and are not to be shared or
disseminated to any other individuals or departments.
- Failure to comply may result in disciplinary actions up to
termination from the Company.
Compliance and Reporting
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Work with management to assure all steps are being taken to
assure company compliance with the Marijuana Enforcement
- Ensure that workflow and work procedures are documented and
that appropriate controls and audit are in place to ensure data and
- When all scheduled work is complete, the supervisor will assign
duties as needed such as, Deep cleaning the MIP, detail extraction
equipment and assisting other departments to help facilitate the
additional and/or supplemental work such as trimming, bagging,
harvesting, and packaging. Deep cleaning the MIP, detail extraction
- Works under the direct supervision of the Manager of
- This person does not supervise others.
- One to three years of work experience in a related industry or
- One to two years of lab experience preferred.
- Previous Growing/Extracting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication capabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to work with and dispose of
highly flammable gasses.
- Knowledge of Extraction procedures (water, alcohol, Co2,
- Knowledge of safety rules for related laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws relating to key
areas of responsibility.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the
Colorado Department of Revenue, MED.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- BS/BA in physical or life sciences preferred.
Proven success in the following job competencies
- Time Management
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse,
or retail environment.
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative
- Able to take instructions and follow direction as delegated by
- Completion of associated paperwork.
- Ability to develop skills necessary in the extraction
- Ability to wear and properly use personal protective
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, ladder work, carrying buckets,
bending and lifting all day.
- Ability to follow standards of procedure.
- Ability to work in elevated noise levels, confined spaces with
the potential for exposure to various chemical agents.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft,
motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications
associated with this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Livwell, Denver , Extraction Technician, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!