The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution.
The purpose of this position is to operate vehicles
(tractors/trailer/tankers) to transport and deliver fertilizer,
chemicals, and other hazardous materials to internal and external
- Maintains DOT and DMV standards with regard to transport and
placarding of hazardous materials and non-hazardous
- Operates tractor/trailer combinations, and forklifts to
transport hazardous materials to internal & external customers.
This includes over-the-road driving to various locations.
- Performs general maintenance on trucks which may include, but
is not limited to, replenishing fuel, checking and replenishing oil
levels, washing trucks, and taking trucks to the shop for scheduled
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date driver's logs and
- Operates forklift for general loading and unloading of products
using required safety procedures and safety equipment 100% of the
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1+ years related experience and/or training
Must possess a current, CDL/DOT certified (Class A) valid
- DMV Hazardous Endorsement is Preferred
- Three plus years related experience and/or training
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage up to 12 ton loads on
tandem axle 20 ft. bed with piggy-backed forklift or 20 ton loads
on 42 trailer with piggy-backed forklift.
- Must have demonstrated ability to drive a 10-speed manual
- Forklift Certification is greatly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
road signs, maps, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Must be willing to follow all applicable safety
- Work days may include nights, weekends, and holidays, depending
on need and delivery schedule.
- Thorough knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT)
Job Requisition ID: 4293
Travel Required: None
Location(s): STH Retail - Denver
Country: United States
The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status.
Position Pay Range: $22-24.50, plus annual incentive plan
Benefits: Our package of health and welfare benefits, with
coverage available to begin on the 1st of the Month following your
date of hire, includes Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental,
Vision, Life and Disability insurances, 401k, Paid Time-Off and
If you require technical assistance, please email us at