Physical Therapist PT-PRN
Company: Sava Senior Care
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Physical Therapist (PT) evaluates and treats residents and
patients with temporary or long term physical disabilities to
relieve pain, restore function, and promote healing by applying the
therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, ultrasound, massage and
other forms of treatment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Under a physician's order, performs the following within scope
of practice and federal guidelines:
- Evaluates, plans and administers treatment to patients with
problems related to neuromuscular and musculoskeletal systems.
- Administers and interprets tests and measurements for muscle
strength, coordination, range of motion, and respiratory and
- Provides direct resident treatment in accordance with an
established plan of care.
- Instructs patients, families, and caregivers in the care and
use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches and other devices.
- Maintains patient records.
- Devises special tools and treatment for the specific needs of
- Conducts home assessments as appropriate to ensure discharge of
residents to a safe environment.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Physical
- One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy issued by the
State, if required by state law.
Physical Demands & Environment
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to
stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel,
talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other
body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals. In compliance with applicable, law, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Sava Senior Care, Denver , Physical Therapist PT-PRN, Other , Windsor, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!