Posted on: June 12, 2021
Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in
assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado,
Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple
philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which
is at the center of the company's "banking for good" mantra.
FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people
that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a
diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will
experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for
growth. There's an opportunity for everyone with positions all
across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and
Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
The Appraisal Manager position is designed for individuals with
extensive appraisal experience as well as strong customer service
skills, who: leverage their appraisal knowledge into developing and
managing department processes and staff, focus on supporting the
bank's growth and mitigating risk associated with collateral
valuation, leverage their industry and bank policy knowledge to
make independent decisions related to appraisals, and
professionally represent the department in conversations and
meetings with bank officers, vendors, and other loan support
What you will do
- Monitor collateral valuation report review processes, including
monitoring residential and commercial real estate appraisal review
performance goals, verifying standard review processes are followed
to maintain efficiency, monitoring business appraisal review
processes, managing appraisal development processes and
independence, and ensuring reports comply with bank policy and
regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Manage the performance of licensed residential and commercial
review staff, including monitoring productivity, identifying
additional training opportunities, supporting ongoing staff
development, and communicating and enforcing bank performance
- Maintain a strong knowledge of business, residential and
commercial collateral valuation report and review requirements,
specifically industry standards, federal appraisal regulations, and
bank policies, to ensure accurate collateral valuation reports and
reviews are completed to support the bank's loan origination
- Identify new opportunities to improve department processes and
procedures, and complete and/or oversee the completion of projects
as identified or assigned.
- Clearly and professionally communicate with review staff,
vendors, branch loan officers, and applicable centralized staff and
officers to address questions and communicate expectations related
to appraisal ordering and review requirements.
- Train and provide support to: residential and commercial
appraisal review and ordering staff, Management Trainees, bank loan
officers and loan support staff on appraisal report development and
FirstBank's review requirements.
- Ensure assigned staff completes all required tasks while
operating in a high paced environment, multi-tasking to provide
consistent support to bank loan personnel and meet specified
deadlines within defined FirstBank Valuation Services core
- Oversee appraisal report review workflow tracking procedures,
and provide feedback on appraisal ordering procedures.
- Monitor compliance with assigned Service Level Objective
performance goals and appraisal compliance expectations for direct
- Attend appraisal courses and seminars to continually advance
appraisal policies and procedures knowledge and to maintain the
licensed appraiser status as required by state licensing
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the
Supervises the work of a group of direct reports. Responsible
for performance management and evaluations; hiring and staffing,
scheduling. Enforces policies and procedures. Directs day-to-day
work of employees, through supervision of lead staff or directly.
Supervisory responsibilities may be limited to a specific shift or
a portion of a function, facility or location. May assist with
training and payroll. Coaches and develops staff.
Minimum Qualifications of Position
- An active Certified Residential or Certified General Appraiser
license, issued through the State of Colorado and in good standing.
An active license in good standing through another state may be
considered if the applicant is willing and able to obtain a
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate,
Business, or Economics and 5 years of applicable appraisal
experience, either through report development and preparation or
review work, and prior supervisory experience. A combination of
post-high school education, job related certification, and related
experience equivalent to 7 years may be considered in lieu of
- At least 3 years of experience with FirstBank, as this
experience provides a strong foundation of the bank's culture and
expectations for managing collateral valuation reports obtained to
mitigate loan origination risk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet established
deadlines as assigned,
- Several years of experience completing and/or reviewing real
estate appraisal reports, specifically reviewing reports for
FirstBank, and a thorough understanding of industry standards
(USPAP) for appraisal report development.
- Appraisal review staff are not permitted to work for other
valuation services companies, including working under their own
employment, or conduct appraisal work or valuations outside of
employment with FirstBank as this is considered a conflict of
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such
as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file
cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and
management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
$93,392.00 To $140,000.00
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees'
professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual
well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include:
Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership,
United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee
tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability,
Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D
This Job may be eligible for the:
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran
status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local
law. FirstBank does not permit pay inequities. Anyone who believes
they have been subject to pay inequity should immediately report
their concerns to the Human Resource Department.
Keywords: FirstBank, Denver , Mgr, Appraisals, Other , Lakewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!