Quality Engineering, Engineering Operations
Slack is searching for an experienced Engineering Manager to
lead a growing team of manual and automated engineers (this team
fosters excellence throughout the software development and delivery
process and is responsible for automated and manual testing of
Slack's features) and an Engineering Operations team (this team
provides solutioning and system configuration for our Product
Engineering organization, and Engineering training). A qualified
candidate will share their passion for excellence and advocate a
user-first approach to building high-quality software and
supporting developer productivity.
- Manage growing teams of experienced manual and automated test
engineers and system development managers.
- Attract and hire key talent.
- Promote active, continuous learning and improvement within your
teams. Cultivate team members' growth through feedback, coaching
and career development.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects while effectively solving
problems that cross product boundaries.
- Develop creative strategies for achieving high quality on
complex and challenging assignments.
- Establish strong partnerships and champion quality throughout a
- Support developer productivity, through training, driving
solutions and tooling.
- Owning key metrics around developer productivity.
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative quality metrics,
analysis and risks to stakeholders.
- Drive a quality-first approach to software development and
- Seven years experience of designing and deploying systems and
processes to ensure high quality engineering output.
- Three years leading Quality or Engineering teams in building
consumer and / or enterprise software.
- Some system administration, IT or technical operations
- Ability to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and
make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company
- Solid project management, organizational and time management
- Deep passion for superb user experience and technical
- Ability to establish strong rapport and communicate with
Slack has a positive, diverse and supportive culture-we look for
people who are curious, inventive, and working to be better every
single day. We aim to be smart, humble, hard-working and
collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say
Slack has transformed business communication. It's the leading
channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their
teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward.
Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can
scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of
the business technology stack where people can work together more
effectively, connect all their other software tools and services,
and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is
where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from
each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of
different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We
are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive
place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
"The base pay range targeted for this role is $151,667 to
$212,333. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only.
This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits
including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible
spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter
benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid
sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave,
bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental
leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks
stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and
benefits, will be at the company's sole discretion, and determined
by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of
experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business
considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or
modify employee perks and benefits at any time."