Product Engineer II
Posted on: June 12, 2021
It's exciting to work for a company that makes the world
We're committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus
to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.
Product Engineer II
Responsible for all aspects of the design, development, and
implementation of manufacturing processes (including tool path) for
machining, turning or grinding, tooling/fixture design,
creation/management of documentation/support drawings through the
application of professionally accepted engineering principles and
- Apply accepted engineering principles, completes assigned tasks
efficiently under limited supervision conferring with supervisor on
complex matters, specific assignment objectives, points of
emphasis, reference and information sources, or possible solutions
- Create 3D models, 2D drawings and cutter path with industry
standard CAD/CAM systems.
- Develop and maintain complete and accurate written records,
such as technical drawings and process documentation, for new or
improvements to existing product and/ or processes.
- Interpret customer and company technical drawings for sales and
manufacturing departments to ensure products are manufactured in
accordance with design specifications; suggests modifications to
improve the manufacturing process.
- Develop manufacturing process design for product orders while
working closely with production departments in developing cost
effective manufacturing processes to meet or exceed customer
requirements; provides cost and manufacturing information to
leadership as a result.
- Collect and correlate data while following production
operations through a series of related detailed steps of processes
to discover discrepancies in results, suggesting solutions to
problems found as a result.
- Active participant in continuous improvement activities through
research, benchmarking and identification of improved methods or
tools to increase efficiency.
- Work on assignments that routinely include equipment design and
development, test of materials, preparation of specifications,
process study, research investigations, report preparation and
other activities requiring knowledge of accepted engineering
principles, practices, and techniques.
- Perform data gathering work which involves conventional
investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively
few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Interact with customers and suppliers to clarify points,
research material and investigate improvements to current
- Function in conjunction with sales personnel, interacting
directly with customers in the development of new products and to
communicate the Company's technology capabilities while providing
solutions in response to customer request of current production
- Provide training/cross-training in equipment, software and
- May Supervise lower level engineers or technicians as a direct
supervisor or in a defined project environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related engineering field and/or 6 years
of experience in similar discipline.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess ability to perform detail oriented tasks utilizing
excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as
intermediate math and computer skills. Excellent listening skills
- Requires proficiency in specific job related software such as
CAD or SPC programs.
- May require proficiency in drafting software such as AutoCAD
- Solid understanding of machining processes and associated
- May need an understanding of materials and characteristics
including material formulations and shrink rates for manufacturing
- Strong understanding of manufacturing/machining techniques and
associated tooling/fixture design.
- Embraces the opportunity to work with a diverse variety of
people from different cultures and backgrounds
Target Hiring Range
Annual Salary: $83,335.00 - $109,993.00
Actual compensation is commensurate with experience, skills and
education. CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal
opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors.
Do not provide any information on the application which will
indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference
in the world, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: CoorsTek, Denver , Product Engineer II, Other , Golden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!