Intermediate Maintenance Tech - Year Round
Company: Vail Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
To function as a team member within Maintenance and other
Department. Ability to make competent decisions while thinking of
the customers and resorts interest at all times. Use skill-based
knowledge to perform assigned tasks in a professional manner at all
times with focus on efficiency and quality of work. This position
can cover many departments pertaining to repairs upkeep and
preventative maintenance as requested. People skills planning,
execution, control, communication are essential in completing tasks
efficiency and keeping department informed on work status. Vail
resorts core values are necessary to succeed in this function.
- Assure that the integrity of the resort assets is
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations from corporate, State
- Comply with preventative maintenance programs for rooms, public
areas and equipment, with automated system as supplied.
- Provide training to Tech staff when required in job specific
tasks (As specialized).
- Computer skills necessary: Will be trained on all applicable
company and engineering maintenance systems.
- Coordinate projects with sub-contractors when required.
- Order and maintain stock for critical equipment for assigned
areas using the purchase order system.
- Follow all safety procedures and alert supervisor to any unsafe
conditions that may exist.
- Work with other departments and area managers as required for
- Possess your own basic hand tools and keeps them in a safe
functional manner at all times.
- Maintain job logs updated daily.
- Maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Repair and replace parts, piping valves and other fittings, dry
wall application, painting and other repair and maintenance
- Good knowledge in appliance installation, general mechanics,
wood work and troubleshooting of same.
- Knowledgeable with plumbing, electrical, controls systems,
kitchen equipment and HVAC.
- Knowledgeable on Lock out tag out procedure, OSHA, EPA and
- Planning, organizing and controlling are key attributes to
succeed in this function.
- Attend training classes for job specific skills as
- Maintain good attitude and people skills even during
high-pressure situations, be a good leader.
- Other duties as assigned related to function may not be listed
- 2-4 year: Trade school; Plumbing, electrical, mechanical,
artisan handy man or HVAC
- Min 2 years Plumbing in maintenance or as installer, 2 years
electrical and/or other technical building experience
- Microsoft Office
- Read write and speak English Fluent
- Public relations Skills, Good administrative and leadership
- Ability to get things done, understand and read blue prints,
more than basic HVAC knowledge. Planning, organizing and
controlling are key attributes.
The budgeted range starts at $17.00 - $18.00. Actual pay will be
adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time
Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees
are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
If you're hard working and feel exhilarated serving others,
you'll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class
mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we
deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that
visits our mountain town. If you're interested in moving mountains
in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you'll
instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 285928
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Denver , Intermediate Maintenance Tech - Year Round, Other , Breckenridge, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!