* Monitor recreational areas, such as pools, beaches, or ski
slopes to provide assistance and protection to participants.
* Rescue distressed persons, using rescue techniques and
Contact emergency medical personnel in case of serious injury.
Patrol or monitor recreational areas such as trails, slopes, and
swimming areas, on foot, in vehicles, or from towers.
* Examine injured persons and administer first aid or
cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and
medical supplies and equipment.
* Instruct participants in skiing, swimming, or other recreational
activities and provide safety precaution information.
* Warn recreational participants of inclement weather, unsafe
areas, or illegal conduct.
* Complete and maintain records of weather and beach conditions,
emergency medical treatments performed, and other relevant incident
* Inspect recreational equipment, such as rope tows, T-bars,
J-bars, and chair lifts, for safety hazards and damage or wear.
* Provide assistance with staff selection, training, and