Eng 3, Product Engineering
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job SummaryResponsible for assisting in the design of system
architectures and solutions to bring to market new innovative
products which provide needed visibility in our fiber optic
networks. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating, testing,
deploying and supporting of XMF and XM meter product lines. Helps
with testing and operational activities. Has in-depth experience,
knowledge and skills in fiber optic technology including theory of
operation, troubleshooting, splicing and general safety and
handling of optical devices and optical circuits. Usually
determines own work priorities. Acts as resource and mentor for
junior colleagues.Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Supports the architecture, design, development, qualification
and deployment of applications consistent with product and
- Works with engineering project management and principle
engineers to deliver applications that meet or exceed product
requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Develops and applies training and support documentation for
interactive applications to document network impacts.
- Works with the product development and operations teams to
define technical requirements to accompany existing product and
operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support
of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical
requirements and architecture.
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management including
input to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with
outside teams in the development of internal and third-party
software to support the detailed designs.
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test
plans and procedures are representative of fully exercising and
validating the product features and capabilities.
- Works closely with development, integration and test teams to
ensure product quality. Prepares deliverables for trial and market
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by
consistently looking for ways to reduce costs and improve
- Supports operations by providing deployment and sustained
engineering support for all responsible systems, technologies and
XM Platform end-users. Diagnoses and resolves escalated field
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications.Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
employer.EducationHigh School Diploma / GEDRelevant Work
Experience5-7 YearsBase pay is one part of the Total Rewards that
Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their
work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the
terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are
eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class
Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the
support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for
those who matter most. That s why we provide an array of options,
expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet
the needs of your reality to help support you physically,
financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your
everyday life. Please visit the on our careers site for more
details. Associated topics: architect, architectural, architecture,
building, construction, drafter, structural engineer
Keywords: Comcast, Denver , Eng 3, Product Engineering, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!