DevOps Engineer II
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Our job is to be bold at work.It starts with an insatiable
curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester,
we believe curiosity powers progress.---Forresterites---bring a
diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to
collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of
business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in
the world, we live at the nexus of what's next.--About This
Role:The DevOps Engineer II works with various team members from
across the organization, primarily in the technology management
division. The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative
DevOps team which provides continual proactive technical
infrastructure support and improvement in all environments of
Forrester services/products and platforms, ensuring their optimal
system's availability and reliability. This individual must
contribute to the improvement of DevOps implementation while
applying IT security's best practices.Responsibilities
- Participate in all stages of infrastructure provisioning, from
POC to production support.
- Assist with the implementation of security best practices and
initiatives at all levels of the systems infrastructure.
- Adhere with SRE (site reliability engineer)
- Develop and improve DevOps process automation scripts (such as
Terraform) to improve systems efficiency.
- Ensure maximum uptime and stability of cloud and on-premises
environments, including production, staging, testing, and
- Apply the latest OS and security patches ensuring the
compatibility of underlying running application.
- Participate in the disaster recovery/business continuity (DRBC)
- Handle help desk and JIRA tickets and mitigate any production
- Ensure accurate knowledge base documentation in a timely
- Manage and optimize unified logging system and APM (application
performance management) monitoring tools and constantly reduce the
MTTR (mean time to recovery).
- Provide mission-critical production support in case of an
outage during off-business hours if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in fields related to technology, engineering,
or computer science; Master's degree is a plus.
- Relevant four-plus years of work experience either in software
development or IT infrastructure industry.
- Strong knowledge of secure web app deployments in AWS.
- Advanced experience as a Linux administrator, particularly
- Knowledge of Windows server administration.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery
(CI/CD) - Jenkins and Git.
- Experience with containerized microservices delivered with
Docker, Kubernetes (Kops and AWS EKS), or OpenShift 4.x.
- Experience with hybrid infrastructure systems monitoring and
proactive incident management.
- Creativity and experience with software programming, experience
with IT security, familiarity/experience with the DevOps
- Strong scripting skills using Shell and Python or Go (a
- Knowledge of web application programming languages (such as
- Professional IT certifications, such as Red Hat Certified
Engineer and AWS certifications (a huge plus).
- Experience in designing, building, maintaining, migrating,
tuning, administering, supporting, and solving problems in complex
- Experience in working collaboratively with various applications
development teams throughout the organization to resolve
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to
produce and process technical documents.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability
to translate business requirements into information systems
- The ability to work with little supervision; someone who is
self-driven and motivated.
- A team player.
- Willingness to work in a biweekly on-call rotation.
- Periodic (approximately three) travel to the US offices,
particularly the headquarters in Cambridge, MA.----Explore
Status:Exempt--Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal
employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,
marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran
status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are
especially encouraged to apply.
Applying via Linked-In Easy Apply is not an official application,
and will eventually require completing an application on our career
Keywords: Forrester, Denver , DevOps Engineer II, Other , Conifer, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!