Inbound Logistics Specialist
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage,
personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and
other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have
been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in
creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been
nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of
sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as
well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes
Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our
quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER
THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING
THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Essential Responsible Areas:
1. Monitor and help execute effective deliveries of coils to Ball
Plants and Warehouses
2. Works with Balls North American plants to ensure that inbound
delivery requirements are addressed.
3. Implement the start up and go live of new warehouses and onboard
4. Addresses issues with drayage and OTR carriers
5. Works with Balls Sourcing team to collaborate on day to day and
near term coil deliveries into warehouses.
6. Monitor inventory levels of coils and drive cost improvement
7. Responsible for analyzing the logistics network to find optimal
solutions balancing cost and service.
8. Collaborate with Green Worldwide and drive supplier compliance
to improve inventory monitoring processes
9. Review supplier performances and ensure all aspects of the
supply chain are operating efficiently and effectively
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through
college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 to 5 year(s) minimum (or
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: APICS preferred
- Comprehensive job related experience in logistics for 3-5 years
minimum or educational equivalent
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Ball's internal
manufacturing and logistics systems and procedures, manufacturing
and logistics systems, business practices, customer and
manufacturing needs and expectations.
- Proficient with IT systems and solutions such as: ERPs (i.e.
Oracle, JDE) and productivity software (i.e. Excel, Word, and Power
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness : Uses a combination of
feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into
personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence : Relates openly and
comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even
under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $53,500 - 79,500(Salary to be determined
by the applicants education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
'Total Rewards' to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in @ball.com. Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at .
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal
information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball, Denver , Inbound Logistics Specialist, Other , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!