Requisition ID: 116315
Job Level: Mid Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a
dynamic Design-Build Utility Estimator in our growing Design Build
Management Group based in Denver, CO, US. The Design-Build Utility
Estimator will work on an interdisciplinary team including:
geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers,
estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform
engineering analysis, design, and estimates in support of
design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.
You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design
Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil,
drainage, roadway, rail/transit and systems, and materials
disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit
with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build
delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving
clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build
projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach,
our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule,
control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers
work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design
solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a
focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and
tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house
resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff
shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices
for all projects that we support.
Kiewit's management and implementation of this process leads to
safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client
expectations and furthers Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to see more, touch
more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not
only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help
propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will
train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects
that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health
benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth
opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you're ensuring a lifetime of
This position will be based out of Kiewit Infrastructure
Engineers Englewood, CO (South Denver) office.
- Develop complete utility estimates for large, complex
- Review owner plans and specifications to develop a
comprehensive understanding of the project; develop plan for the
actual construction to serve as basis for the estimate.
- Review all bid and contract documents.
- Stay abreast of trends and developments, such as new equipment,
methods and procedures that are developing in the industry.
- Provide initial assessments of utility relocations for project
- Coordinate with design engineering and estimating staff to
accurately capture costs, schedule requirements, and risks
associated with project utility disciplines.
- Assist in scheduling, planning, determining craft labor levels,
material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
- Evaluate subcontractor scopes and pricing and compare to
- Participate in discipline specific task forces to optimize
designs and economize on costs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering
- At least7 years' experience working in utilities, preferably in
both construction and estimating.
- Emphasis on heavy-civil and transit construction is
- Working knowledge of permitting processes and schedule
- Design experience or Design-Build project experience
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate both
subcontractor and self-perform performance.
- Communication skills including use of project management
software (estimating, plan reviews, document controls, etc.
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated experience with highway and
heavy civil work with a focus on Water, Sewer, and other
- Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling,
cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g.
Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with InEight Estimate (HardDollar) preferred.
- Experience with CADD and 3D Modeling software preferred.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail, oral and written
communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Possess strong analytical/mathematical and computer
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize
- Knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and
techniques, construction safety and current Federal & OSHA
- Ability to travel as the job requires.
Base Compensation: $85,000 - $110,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors
as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits
package that's among the best in our industry, including top-tier
medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and
dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs,
life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and
generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.