Job Title: Poker Host/Cashier
Starting at: $12.50/ hour + Tips
Status: Full Time
Other Compensation: $12.50 + Tips
We are offering on-the-spot interviews!
Dates: Tuesday April 27th - Friday April 30th
7 am - 10 am or 4pm - 7pm
Location: Monarch Casino Resort Spa (488 Main Street, Black
Hawk, CO 80422) - Crystal Ballroom on 5th floor
(Directions: Please park on the 7th floor of the Monarch Parking
Garage and take the elevator down to the 2nd floor. If you take the
bus, walk over to Monarch Parking Garage and take the elevator to
the 2nd floor. You will enter the building on the 2nd floor of the
parking garage, and be required to do a temperature check &
wellness check. Then head straight down through the casino past the
24/7 restaurant on your left. After you pass 24/7, take the service
elevator on your right to the 5th floor and enter our Crystal
Say GOODBYE to that DEAD-END JOB and let your new career take
flight at the Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk Colorado!
Apply on line now, OR text "MONARCH" to 97211.
Luxury matched only by the sublime beauty of the Colorado
Rockies awaits you in our all new Resort! Monarch's new resort
features a Chophouse, 24/7 Caf, fine dining Buffet, and Specialty
Restaurant (coming soon). Experience the heart-pounding gaming
action on our newly-expanded casino floor, featuring over 1,200 of
the hottest slot machines, 40 table games, and a new poker and
sports betting rooms coming soon. Our spa will feature state of the
art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with
a roof top pool, sauna's, hot tubs and more!
Not only does Monarch offer a luxury experience for guests we
offer luxury benefits to our Team Members as well!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Incentives for Non-Management (up to $400 position
- Team Member Referral Program (we pay you and your referral up
to $600 each)
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement (up to $6,000 per calendar
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options ($4 -$6 round trip for casino
- Free Covered Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition (earn resort
credit and more)
- Internal growth and transfer opportunities for continuous
growth and advancement opportunities
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 2 Weeks PTO in your first year of employment
- 6 Observed Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days includes:
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability,
401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don't want to drive to Black Hawk? You don't have to! Check out
these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or
www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride
the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
- Protect company assets. Maintain an accurate bank and ensure
all assets are guarded and protected at all times.
- Assist the supervisor in the fulfillment of all guest service
needs including host, cashier, creation of player club cards, and
managing waiting lists.
- Must exhibit a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and an
ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and
- Taking and placing food orders with the necessary follow-up to
insure that the order arrives timely and is accurate.
- Must possess the skills to handle cash and chip transactions in
an accurate and efficient manner. Competency with computer use for
inputting data. Familiarity with Excel and Word a plus. Knowledge
of all poker games
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain and
maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License.
- Previous dealing experience or completion of dealing school
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with staff and other departments.
- Must possess excellent guest service and communication skills
with the ability to deal with guests.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and
sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions
presented in writing.
- Strong general mathematical skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to stand for duration of shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and continuously use hands.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check
and drug screen.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other
status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch's intention
that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that
selection decisions be based on job-related factors.