Employee Transportation Driver - Rocky Mountain National Park
Company: Xanterra Parks & Resorts
Location: Estes Park
Posted on: May 3, 2021
If you love to drive, and drive on mountain roads, Rocky
Mountain National Park has Employee Transportation Driver positions
available. Our 2 - 15 passenger Transit vans make this 22 mile trek
between Estes Park housing and the Trail Ridge Store & Caf,
bringing our employees up and down the Trail Ridge Road, safely
every day. If you enjoy driving in the mountains, there is no
better way to spend a summer season.
"I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me",
wrote Walt Whitman. An appropriate quote for a daily drive in the
spectacular Rocky Mountains. Nothing can be more freeing than
driving on a mountain road to a destination of 12,000 feet.
If you love nature, driving, and working with people from around
the world, Rocky Mountain National Park should be your next
destination to work and play. Working with Xanterra Travel
Collection, you can Live, Work, and Explore in some of the most
beautiful places on Earth.
The season at Rocky Mountain National Park runs from
approximately mid-May until mid-October. All positions at Rocky
Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time
year round positions.
- Perform all duties with respect to the Company's Core Values,
Mission Statement, and guest services standards.
- Provide safe operation of company vehicles, transportation for
employees in all weather conditions, 22 miles each way. Side road
guards are not provided on Trail Ridge Road.
- Will need to make drive several times in a day.
- Maintain a neat and orderly vehicle, providing general
housekeeping of vans as needed.
- Alerting management when suspected issues of vehicles
- Coordinate truck maintenance and complete required vehicle
- Must adhere to all company policies, National Park Service, and
Department of Transportation regulations.
- Provide general maintenance skills necessary for repair and
maintenance of facilities may be requested.
- Stocking, unpacking merchandise, and cleaning the store may be
- May be requested to help in the Caf as needed.
- Clean employee bathroom daily.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with
all co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, evenings, nights,
weekends, or holidays.
- Perform duties outside the job classification assigned by
management along with any other responsibilities deemed
- A background check, driver's license check, and drug test will
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid non-CDL driver's license and clean driving
- Candidate must be able to work at 12,000 feet.
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining
excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Able to drive safely in all types of weather conditions.
- Able of organize and prioritize your daily routine.
- Able to communicate in a positive and concise manner.
- Able to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Able to communicate with managers
- Able to stand/walk for a minimum of 8 to 10 hour shifts.
- Able to sit for long periods of time, approximately 8
- Must be able to lift and carry a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Denver , Employee Transportation Driver - Rocky Mountain National Park, Other , Estes Park, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!