About the opportunity
The Corporate Paralegal will be an important early member of the
Contentful Legal Department. Reporting to the VP & Deputy General
Counsel, Corporate, the Corporate Paralegal will work closely with
the Deputy General Counsel, the Chief Legal Officer and other
member of the Legal, People and Finance teams on matters related to
corporate governance, Board of Directors meetings, legal entity
management, compliance, corporate transactions, contract review,
litigation support, and equity administration. This is an exciting
time to join Contentful and its growing Legal team. The Corporate
Paralegal will be excited about helping to build the foundation of
a high-functioning and efficient global Legal team, including
implementing new processes, templates, tools and systems.
What to expect?
- Assist the legal and finance groups on corporate transactions
and governance documentation, including liaising with local
- Assist attorneys with preparation of materials, logistics and
minute book recordkeeping for all Board of Directors and Committee
- Prepare statutory filings and coordinate with local counsel and
finance group on various financial and legal reporting matters
- Assist with the filing of registrations and similar documents
with the Secretary of State and other state and federal government
- Establishing, and maintaining a worldwide legal entity
- Implement Board portal solution
- Uplevel legal operations processes for efficiency and
- Work on other special projects, as directed by attorneys
What you need to be successful?
- At least 5 years aggregate experience working as a corporate
paralegal preferably at both a global company and a larger law
firm. Transactional experience, such as working on mergers, venture
matters and/or public company reporting, is a plus
- Legal entity management experience in a global company with
numerous international legal entities
- Experience with coordinating Board meetings, including
preparing board materials (including drafting resolutions) and
working with board portals
- Experience working in the compliance function a plus
- Proficiency in equity administration, legal entity management
and related software (Equity Edge, Entity Management Systems)
Identified Success Factors:
- Strong attention to detail, impeccable organizational skills
and proven written and verbal communication skills, including
ability to communicate effectively with global senior management
and outside directors
- Customer service focus, flexibility and ability to work under
pressure and within short time constraints on multiple
- Ability to process confidential data and maintain complete
- Must be self-motivated, responsive and enthusiastic, with the
ability to work independently and as a team member
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Generous time-off policy that rivals the best companies in
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and
grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is
specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in
the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary
is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges,
market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant
experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g.
JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $100,000 - $105,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses,
short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in
accordance with the terms of Contentful's variable compensation
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500
companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform
unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any
digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools
through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in
parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such
as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum,
Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web
products, voice controlled apps and more.
We're growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in
funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures,
Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and
creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San
Francisco, Denver and distributed locations around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
"Everyone is welcome here" - it's a celebrated component of our
culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive
environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our
products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and
experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applications will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or
length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your
By clicking "Apply for this job," I acknowledge that I have read
the "Contentful's Candidate Privacy Notice", and hereby acknowledge
and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my
personal data as described therein.