Senior Back End Engineer (Payments & Ledger)
Over the past decade, millions of Americans have been forced to
put their dreams of homeownership on hold. Home prices have
outpaced wage growth while mortgage requirements continue to
tighten. As a result, renters are missing out on a critical
wealth-building opportunity: owning a home.
At Divvy, we're building an on-ramp to homeownership one that's
more affordable, more flexible, and an overall better fit for the
modern American family and its working.
Buying thousands of homes a year requires effective and
intelligent software. There are several different complex workflows
that our software must support and each one presents us with its
own unique set of nuances and challenges.
Our goal is to buy thousands of homes in the coming years.
Buying a home involves considerable complexity, and we want to
remove as much human touch from this as possible. We are building
systems to automatically underwrite customers, generate competitive
offers, thoroughly and thoughtfully inspect homes, support and
service our tenants, and much more.
About the role
You will be able to leverage your creativity and skill set to
make homeownership more accessible and equitable. The engineering
team builds tools to support our consumer, agent and administrative
products. At Divvy, youll own some of your projects from start to
finish, support your teammates on other projects, and work
collectively to scale our platform to thousands of new applicants
and multiple new markets. Almost every project will require cross
functional collaboration across the entire home buying process. You
will work alongside a team of 8 engineers, 2 product managers, 2
data scientists, and about 40 other Divvy employees working on
different parts of the business.
As an engineer on the Payments & Ledger team you will be working
closely with our Finance team, Home Closings, and Payments teams to
ensure that they have all the necessary tools and reports to
efficiently perform their duties. You will be supporting a core
portion of our business with a large downstream impact. Attention
to detail is paramount for this role. You will need to fully
understand how the tools you create are used by our operational
- Be opinionated, open-minded, and respectful
- Become a domain expert in real-estate
- Guide the team to make practical and intelligent decisions
- Work across our stack of React, NodeJS (ES6), Postgres,
- Partner with product, design and ops to design and build a
simple and scalable product
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- You have multiple years of software development experience
- You have experience and an understanding of the entire stack
(front-end to database)
- You demonstrate a desire for readable, testable, and performant
- You have empathy for your peers and our customers
- Competitive salary + equity
- A beautiful dog-friendly office (currently remote until Jan
- Compassionate and mission focused co-workers
- The opportunity to transform the lives of our customers
We prioritize a commitment to diversity in our team building
process. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety
of lived experiences to reach out.