Company: Adams County
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What Success Looks Like In This Job
Join our team of highly qualified, devoted and caring Substitute
Teacher Assistants who accept temporary work assignments in the
event regularly scheduled personnel are not available; and perform
a variety of duties involved in assisting in the planning and
implementation of instructional activities appropriate for the
needs and skills of the children in the Head Start Program.
Note: This is a continuous posting to establish an eligibility list
for current and future vacancies. Examples of Duties for Success
- Assist in the planning and implementation of instructional and
recreational activities appropriate for the needs and skills of the
children in the Head Start Program.
- Assist in the instruction and supervision of children involved
in various classroom activities including cognitive/language,
health, social/emotional, and personal hygiene skills.
- Assist in observing, recording, and evaluating each child's
activity, performance, behavior, and development; assist in
identifying and conveying individual child behavior problems.
- Encourage and promote parent involvement; participate in parent
conferences and home visits when needed.
- Attend staff meetings, workshops, formal classes, and
in-service training classes to continually advance teaching skills
- Perform routine maintenance and janitorial duties.
- Assist in meeting the individual needs of all children in the
Head Start program.
- Work together with staff in planning and implementing policies,
promoting program goals and activities, promotion and support of
parental involvement in the classroom/program.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and program events as
- Assist in maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
- Support cultural diversity in the classroom.
- Assist in all forms of communication with parents.
- Accept temporary work assignments in the event regularly
scheduled personnel are not available.
- Maintain classroom bulletin boards.
- Assist children with mealtime and clean up.
- Assist Teacher with appropriate information and documenting
developmental progress for children.
- Ensure that all indoor and outdoor space/equipment is in good
working condition and is used/maintained properly.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Needs of children in a child care setting.
- Appropriate activities for children of various ages and skill
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Basic principles and procedures of record keeping and report
- Maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Learn and apply the policies and procedures of the Head Start
- Learn the principles of child development theory.
- Supervise children involved in Head Start Program
- Assist with the needs of children in a childcare setting.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude and
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve and a passion for exceeding
customer service expectations.
Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Six (6) months of experience working with
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED
- License or Certificate: Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check, FBI
background check, and Central Registry check.
More Qualifications for Success
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Exposure to childhood diseases.
- Must complete physical examination and TB test upon hire.
Keywords: Adams County, Denver , Assistant Teacher, Other , brighton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!