Energy & Utilities - Energy Policy and Regulatory Consultant
Company: PA Consulting Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Become part of the team
In the absence of federal guidance, local governments, states, and
provinces are becoming laboratories for different policy and
regulatory approaches to energy and climate. In this environment,
policy and regulatory changes are becoming one of the largest
drivers of energy infrastructure investment and value. PA's experts
stay ahead of - and help clients navigate and shape - these key
trends influencing the future of the energy industry.
PA's Global Energy and Utilities team currently seeks a
Denver-based consultant with energy policy, regulatory analysis,
and strategy experience to support our work helping energy investor
and utility clients effectively navigate diverse and evolving
investment and operating environments.
This is the ideal role for you if you:
* Have a broad background in energy and environmental policy and
regulatory frameworks at the federal, state/provincial, and/or
* Understand how energy infrastructure investments realize value
differently across different markets;
* Have a passion for research, synthesis, writing, and developing
creative approaches and arguments;
* Are comfortable performing, critically evaluating, and
communicating quantitative analysis; and
* Enjoy working on a range of projects simultaneously in a
fast-paced team environment.
You will be part of a talented client-focused team that helps our
clients understand and quantify uncertainty in an increasingly
diverse policy and regulatory landscape.
What we're looking for
The responsibilities for this role include:
* Leading or contributing to policy and regulatory strategy
development as part of: energy infrastructure investment, expert
witness testimony, market and regulatory proceedings, benefits case
assessments, whitepaper development, stakeholder engagement,
business model development, and business integration.
* Identifying and executing creative approaches to evaluating
energy infrastructure benefits and costs as well as risks and risk
* Leading or contributing to written reports and presentations
developed as part of energy infrastructure transactions;
* Advising clients on the value implications of energy and
environmental policy and regulation within energy infrastructure
* Advising internal working groups on how policy and regulatory
developments should guide assumptions, processes, and methodologies
for system and asset modeling.
* Enhancing and contributing to propositions, supporting business
development and thought leadership activities.
* Successfully navigating and meeting deadlines that span a number
of different projects.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g.,
public policy/administration, economics, political science, energy
studies). An advanced degree is preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience related to policy and
regulation within the energy-focused private sector, public-sector,
and/or non-profit sector (may be offset by an advanced degree).
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* High attention to detail.
* Ability to manage 5-10 projects concurrently and adjust to
* Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint,
* Previous experience and comfort with modeling and quantitative
* Group medical insurance
* Health Savings Account with company match
* Teladoc and informed Nurse line resources
* Long term care plan
* Group dental insurance
* Vision plan
* 401(k) Savings Plan with company profit sharing contribution
* Commuter and Parking tax-savings benefit
* 15 days paid vacation days with the opportunity to buy five
* 10 paid Holidays plus 10 paid sick days
* Company and Voluntary income protection benefits
* Gym and health incentive reimbursement
* Pet and legal insurance Plans
* Employee Assistance Plan
* Annual performance-based bonus
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human
future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create
opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and
breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our
clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200
specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and
utilities, financial services, government, health and life
sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists,
innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists,
engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices
across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to
employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This
diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which
our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're
committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely
based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard
to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin,
ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. VEVRAA Federal
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at
either application or interview, please contact us on
Keywords: PA Consulting Group, Denver , Energy & Utilities - Energy Policy and Regulatory Consultant, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!