Traffic Control Supervisor
Company: Sterling Construction
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Oversees control movement of vehicular traffic through
construction projects by performing various manual tasks. Tasks
could include setting up and taking down orange road barrels, road
construction signs, setting up different traffic patterns,
overseeing 1-3 traffic controller laborers, driving courtesy patrol
trucks, etc. Work can be conducted early in the morning, during
night shifts, or during the day.
- Discusses traffic routing plans, and type and location of
control points with superior.
- Distributes traffic control signs and markers along site in
- Directs movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand, and
- Warns construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to
heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
- Informs drivers of detour routes through construction
- Records license number of traffic control violators for
- Gives hand marker to last driver in line up of one-way traffic
for Flagger at opposite end of site, signaling clearance for
reverse flow of traffic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Be willing to work days, nights and weekends
- 3+ years of highway / roadway traffic control experience
- 1+ years of supervising 1-3 traffic controller / laborer
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only
occasional or no variables.
- Traffic Control Maintainer Certification - required
- Driver License with good driving record - REQUIRED
- Ability and willingness to maintain safety requirements at all
time - REQUIRED for personal safety and co-workers safety.
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- Health, vision, dental
- 401k + 5% company matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance
Keywords: Sterling Construction, Denver , Traffic Control Supervisor, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!