Company: Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Teacher-Fourth Grade JobID: 2746
- Position Type:
Teaching: Elementary/ Teacher-Fourth Grade
- Date Posted:
Thunder Vista P-8
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- SALARY INFORMATION: SEE CERTIFIED
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 001004
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT - REGULAR
LOCATION: Thornton, CO
SUMMARY: A teacher will perform effective teaching methods to
ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program
which fosters achievement for all students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources and technologies to enhance
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson
- Utilize District curricula that reflect the diverse educational,
cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning
activities. - Prepare and distribute parent communications.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom creating appropriate
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain from, or be in process with,
the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for a valid Colorado
Educator License within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess the required license and endorsement. If highly
qualified by content test or semester hours, with no endorsement:
applicant must possess a Colorado educator license with a passing
score on a CDE approved content test or 24 semester hours in
specific core content classes as determined by Human Resources.
Preference given to candidates with ELL Training and/or an ESL or
(LDE) Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL
Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is
dependent on the employees' education and/or work
Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1)
year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to
a maximum of ten (10) years, which includes in-district and
out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience.
Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest
with the individual employee.
For further explanation of salary placement please
refer to our Certified Master Agreement that can be found on our
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing
an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to
serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life
insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees.
The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through
PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all
employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately
(upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits including paid time
off, please see our Benefits Overview .
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB
Keywords: Adams 12 Five Star Schools, Denver , Teacher-Fourth Grade, Other , denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!