Senior Financial Analyst
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage,
personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and
other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have
been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in
creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been
nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of
sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as
well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes
Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our
quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER
THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING
THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Performs financial analyses to inform business decisions around
customer sales contracts and pricing. Supports contract compliance
and customer margin financial analyses.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
- Supports the Beverage Packaging North & Central America
management approval process for the renewal of existing customer
sales contracts and new customer contract pricing and contract
- Provides Economic Value Added (EVA) based financial analyses,
scenario analyses, and risk analyses.
- Performs complex financial analyses related to the initial
contract creation of global and regional key accounts in regards to
pricing, terms and margin.
- Calculates and reviews key customer contract periodic price
changes, customer contract provision reconciliations, and sales
- Provides input and analysis in the forecasting and budgeting of
the components of the Divisions net sales.
- Creates complex financial models for analyzing and solving new
and unique business problems and/or opportunities.
- Communicates financial analysis findings by preparing summary
presentations, maintaining documentation, loading data to systems,
and educating teammates.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to improve processes and
automate recurring tasks.
- Prepares special analysis projects as directed by
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through
college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas, or ability to learn
quickly: JD Edwards software, Essbase, all aspects of the metal
beverage container industry, especially in the areas of
manufacturing, finance, business principles and practices, customer
- Understanding of proforma financial models, accounting in
income statement and balance sheet accounts, basic statistics and
economics, variance analysis, capital budgeting, and data
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate
complex ideas or concepts.
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer with
advanced skills in Excel. Must also be proficient in accessing and
understanding data from financial systems.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations required for
analysis of pricing and contracts
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness : Uses a combination of
feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into
personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence : Relates openly and
comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even
under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500(Salary to be determined
by the applicants education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
'Total Rewards' to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in @ball.com. Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at .
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal
information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball, Denver , Senior Financial Analyst, Other , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!