Civil Water Engineer II - Water/Wastewater
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Civil Water Engineer - 4 to 8 yrs exp. -Water and Wastewater
Merrick & Company is seeking a Civil Engineer with experience in
design and construction oversight of water and wastewater
infrastructure to join our Water Group in our Loveland, CO and/or
Denver, CO office.
- Perform assignments in the analysis and design of water and
- Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, cost
estimates, studies, reports and work products.
- Position also involves providing construction support and
oversight including administration and limited inspection, document
review of designs by others for conformance of design standards and
support to municipal water and sewer operations and
- Must be capable of performing independent design tasks,
reviewing the designs of others, preparing bid documents including
drawings and specifications, and organizing all drawings, reports,
calculations, and associated project deliverables, after receiving
initial instructions from project manager, while receiving limited
- Must become knowledgeable of Merrick procedures, understand
them and be able to apply them when required.
- Candidate must be capable of making sound engineering
decisions, exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate
with the responsibilities of the position.
- The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills
to effectively interface with clients and Local, State, and Federal
government agencies and be capable to lead project progress
meetings, make project presentations, and provide clear written
- Additional duties may involve project management for
- Some travel may be required.
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel to client facilities and project sites
require ability to climb ladders, inspect without entering manholes
and vaults and be physically mobile in and around water and
wastewater facilities, as well as being able to open gates, doors,
vaults and manhole lids.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not
limited to computers, copiers, printers, scanners, and
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits
package which includes health insurance, dental and vision
coverage, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) opportunity, 401(k)
options, and paid time off (PTO). This position is also eligible
for annual performance and spot bonuses.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from
within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and
external training as well as coaching and peer mentoring
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender
identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national
origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other
applicable status protected by state or local law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Merrick, Denver , Civil Water Engineer II - Water/Wastewater, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!