Company: YMCA of the USA
Location: estes park
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Help us serve over 150,000 guests each year!
YMCA of the Rockies
This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies,
Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group
conference and retreat center serving more than 150,000 for EPC
annually. The Conference Director is primarily responsible for
leading a team of staff in detail planning with conference groups
and family reunions before, during and after their stay at the
Estes Park Center as well as coordinating requirements with other
- Minimum of three years in conference-related services
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Ensure timely, accurate and understandable preparation of final
bills for each even
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are in good repair and repair
needs are reported
- Manage the effective use of 75+ meeting rooms
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of conference group
- Ability to lift 30 pounds to a height of 4 feet.
- Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate a year-round staff of
- Oversee the scheduling and provision of services for
approximately 1500 conference groups per year consisting of the
following types: religious, educational, recreational, family
reunions, schools & colleges, YMCA and day-meetings for local
organizations and internal staff functions.
- Operate within an approved budget. Propose and develop budgets
for future operations and capital projects
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems that may arise with
conference groups to ensure a successful experience
- Ensure that communication between the Conference Department and
all other departments is timely and accurate. Effectively utilize
property management software (Maestro).
- Negotiate and manage contracts with outside vendors for
equipment and services that the Estes Park Center is not able to
provide for conference groups
- Report to the Center Director regularly on operational matters
and progress on major projects and initiatives. Maintain accurate
records of Conference Department activities.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Active and supportive member of the EPC management team.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued drivers license, an
acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be
approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty,
Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for
example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe
work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while
working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
Keywords: YMCA of the USA, Denver , Conference Director, Other , estes park, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!