Seasonal Guest Services Representative
Company: Denver Zoo
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Denver Zoo is a leader in animal care, wildlife conservation and
education. We are passionate about our commitment to excellence in
support of our mission of Inspiring Communities to Save Wildlife
for Future Generations.
Denver Zoo honors our animals, staff and guests by conducting
ourselves at the highest level of integrity through our Core
Actions - Inspire Awe: Safety, Care, Connect and by embracing our
Core Behaviors of: Passion, Respect, Innovation, Diversity and
Excellence in all that we do. Visit to learn more.
Seasonal Guest Services Representatives for the Spring/Summer
season will provide welcoming guest service while conducting
admission, sales and/or operational duties.
Our staff is a dedicated and diverse group of individuals committed
to providing quality care to our animals while creating moments of
awe for guests. If you are a like-minded individual and thrive in a
dynamic, fast paces and innovative culture, Denver Zoo is the place
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Welcome and greet each guest in a friendly and professional
* Provide efficient and accurate collection of various fees
including but not limited to admissions, attractions, memberships,
programs and events.
* Utilize suggestive upselling techniques to enhance the guest
* Provide way finding support at various exhibits throughout the
zoo to ensure safety of guests and animals
* Direct guest traffic to ensure flow and social distancing is
* Encourage and promote appropriate food and beverage offerings
throughout the zoo.
* Assist with various projects/activities for the Guest Services
and Guest Operations department.
* Adheres to and promotes Denver Zoo's mission, core values, and
* Set priorities in alignment with Inspire Awe:
* Safety first, always
* Care demonstrated through exceptional guest service
* Connect with each guest utilizing ROADMAP's guest engagement
strategies and program development process
* Demonstrate a commitment to Denver Zoo's Sustainability Policies
by adhering to all environmental, safety, & health regulations,
procedures, and goals.
* Act in accordance with Denver Zoo's Core Behaviors: Passion,
Respect, Innovation, Diversity, and Excellence in all interactions
with staff, guest, volunteers, and vendors.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
* Working knowledge of basic computer software applications.
* Must possess and demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
* High-energy, adaptive team-player with a passion for guest
* Good under pressure. You don't fold and get overwhelmed
* Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
* Ability to work in all weather conditions.
* Be on your feet the majority of the day and work outside.
* Be able to use a two-way radio.
* A respect for confidentiality.
Technical / Professional Requirements & Qualifications
* High school diploma or GED.
* One to three months related customer service experience.
* Ability to pass background check and pre-employment drug and
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Hourly rate for Seasonal Guest Services Representative: $15.00
This is a seasonal/temporary position and as such is not eligible
for benefits at this time.
Application Process and Timelines
Open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Denver Zoo reserves the right to close the position prior to this
Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) and others who
identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, members of the
LGBTQIA+ community, and those with lived experience with racism
and/or misogynoir are encouraged to apply for this role.
Denver Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Denver Zoo, Denver , Seasonal Guest Services Representative, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!