Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Arrabelle is seeking an experienced Sous Chef to join our
culinary team as a Banquets Chef. Responsible for ensuring that all
Resort guests have the highest quality culinary experience possible
while maintaining a profitable Food & Beverage Division. Oversees
all aspects of the culinary function to include; all Banquet
events, special events with a primary focus on Catering. Can be
expected to cover a la cart outlets during slow times. Also
oversees the Employee Dining Room, Production for all culinary
departments, Stewarding/Dishwashing department and any contract
kitchen labor within the given scope, including ordering of food
and equipment and scheduling. Is actively involved in the daily
operations by being a "hands on" Chef through modeling proper
culinary techniques and working alongside employees. Exhibits a
professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a
positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Oversees and is able to work all stations in the kitchen.
- Coordinates daily menus and specials.
- Oversees all food orders and requisitions to maintain proper par
levels and costs while providing fresh, quality products,
inspecting all current products for freshness and proper
documentation of any waste.
- Ensures proper receiving procedures are being followed including
proper FIFO rotation and dating of all incoming product.
- Ensures daily prep/pull list is completed and BOH operations are
adequately prepared for anticipated business levels.
- Ensures all recipes are adhered to and produced consistently and
- Monitors food portioning, preparation and waste to control
- Ensures plate portioning and presentation are consistent.
- Organizes kitchen and maintains all ServSafe, sanitation and
safety policies and documentation.
- Ensures all BOH staff members are properly trained.
- Proper scheduling of all kitchen staff to hit budgetary goals by
anticipating business levels and eliminating all OT while still
providing a safe, quality product and service in a timely
- Sets the example and ensures all staff are promoting a
professional work environment by upholding proper grooming and
uniform standards, following all food safety and HACCP guidelines,
displaying a positive, professional attitude and language in all
situations, being prepared by anticipating business levels, keeping
a clean, safe work area.
- Demonstrates food quality expectations by preparing all dishes
correctly and training and monitoring all those who prepare food
- Maintains a current MSDS book and accessibility, along with
proper staff training and how to use it.
- Follows through on all disciplinary actions with proper
documentation, training and guidance in a positive, professional
- Immediately follows up with any equipment malfunctions or
breakage to resolve the issue ASAP.
- Gives support to all kitchen operations as well as any FOH
- Maintains budgetary food and beverage costs.
- Performs monthly kitchen audit and inspection to ensure all HACCP
policies and procedures are being followed.
- Will take part in & perform all inventories to ensure that all
products are accurately counted and recorded.
- Proficiency with computer software for the following: ordering,
inventory, scheduling, time & labor.
- Abides by and upholds overall customer service standards.
- Abides by and upholds kitchen and food concessions service
- Performs any such other related duties as may be required or
- Three to five years related experience in a supervisory role
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of
time, and to perform strenuous physical labor in inclement weather
- Flexible working hours, including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure/high volume and
solve customer problems or issues.
- Good organization and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with employees, guests, and customers to
provide excellent service.
The budgeted range starts at $43,000 - $55,250 . Actual pay will be
adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off
(PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are
generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to
a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while
infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you
someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain
exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people
who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver
unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and
unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 294468