Solutions Systems Engineer
Company: Mid-Cal Technical, LLC
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Location: Westminster, CO (remote until office opens back up)Job
Description SummaryThe Solutions Systems Engineer (SE) is a member
of the Direct Access and Remote Systems (DARS) team which runs the
Direct Access Program (DAP). The DAP provides customers with the
capability to task the clients satellites directly and receive and
process their own image data through a the CLIENT-delivered
customer ground station or Direct Access Facility (DAF), or other
products. The DAP Solutions SE is responsible for the development
of new Direct Access Headquarter System solutions in support of DAP
customer operations. The DAP Solutions SE works closely with DAP
stakeholders to identify and solve problems, provides technical
direction to internal development teams, external contractors and
vendors, and supports business development activities.An ideal
candidate will be one with development and system engineering
skills and experience in satellite ground systems as well as
experience in the management of internal and external software
development teams. Technical leadership is required to work
alongside Product Owners and development/integration team
leadership to help keep development and implementation processes
- Serve in a technical role for the design, implementation and
integration of our next generation Direct Access Ground
- Oversee the management of component/service-level requirements
and traceability to design documentation, test cases, and
operational training material.
- Lead design sessions with component SMEs and collaboratively
work across the organization to define and implement the resulting
- Work directly with other systems engineers, program managers,
product owners, developers, testers and customers to define
features and generate optimal system designs.
- Create system-level design artifacts with an ability to define
and manage requirements in the context of these artifacts.
- Lead development of as-built models and design documents for
software components to ensure all documentation is current.
- Support integration, test and troubleshooting of Direct Access
Ground Systems and DAP components.
- Support DAP operations by providing engineering support,
isolating problems, and defining solutions.
- Manage stakeholder expectations to ensure realistic
deliverables and then exceed those expectations.
- Collaborate with other systems engineers, and make
contributions to the enterprise vision, engineering processes, and
overall architecture roadmap.
- Participate in design sessions with internal and external
stakeholders from back-end processing to user interfaces.
- Support new business development by providing engineering
analyses, and technical solution support for proposals or existing
- Keep up to date on current industry trends and key software and
technology providers to evaluate their potential fit with the DAP
system architecture.Minimum Requirements:
- Team player - ability to work across multiple functional
organizations to develop and implement solutions.
- Hands on person - capable of understanding the scope of the
system and decisive in making engineering judgments for appropriate
solutions to engineering problems.
- Five years' experience in satellite ground system systems
engineering or ten years' experience in software system engineering
- Bachelor degree in engineering or computer science field.
- Knowledge of multiple development methodologies (Waterfall,
- Working knowledge of Agile development principles and best
- Capable of reviewing engineering designs and providing feedback
on those designs.
- Ability to grasp and contribute to system solutions that will
meet the needs of customers.
- Ability to clearly document technical solutions.
- Ability to work methodically to identify issues and develop
- Strong understanding of satellite ground system equipment,
software and systems.
- Able to provide support and issue priorities to system
- Ability to develop and promote detailed system requirements and
rigorous test requirements.
- Ability to understand system level concepts and grasp the
details of the interaction between components in the system.
- Provide support for the development of technical proposals to
- Understand computer systems and architectures which include
both windows and Linux OS environments.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills,
which include customer communication and technical writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, understanding of international
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- and has the ability to obtain a US security clearance.Preferred
- Service Oriented Architecture experience is a plus
- Software development experience is a plus
- Experienced with Model-Based System Engineering practices,
SysML, modeling system state transitions, data flows, etc., and
working with Enterprise Architect or similar framework is a plus -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Mid-Cal Technical, LLC, Denver , Solutions Systems Engineer, Other , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!