Head of Public Affairs
Company: Public Affairs Council
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Head of Public Affairs Rocky Mountain and Pacific Northwest
Public REEF Technology Who You'll Work For REEF's mission is to
connect the world to your block. We transform underutilized urban
spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally
curated goods, services, and experiences. With an ecosystem of
4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest
operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in
North America. Together we are leveraging the power of
proximity--to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable
and thoughtful way. What You'll Do The Head of Public Affairs for
the Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain region will--lead REEF's
public policy and government relations, local public relations, and
civic partnership efforts in Portland, Seattle and Denver. The
primary objective of the role is to work with local policymakers
and regulators to establish an ideal regulatory environment for
REEF. This person will work in a fast-moving cross-functional
organization with key internal and external stakeholders. Strong
candidates will have extensive experience leading local government
relations and policy advocacy efforts for startups, innovative
growth companies, advocacy groups, or city government.
- Work with policymakers and regulators to pass local
variances/ordinances and state legislation to ensure REEF is well
position to grow and thrive in the market.
- Deepen REEF's brand and product awareness in markets through
local earned media and partnerships.
- Establish REEF as an influential civic stakeholder and protect
business interests through government and influencer
- Lead government relations and public policy strategy across
Seattle, Portland and Denver.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers,
officials and partners in the region.
- Create launch playbooks for new markets
- Manage and deploy external consultants to drive key policy
- Work with the Communications team to amplify corporate and
consumer campaigns locally.
- Develop plans that identify key speaking engagement
opportunities for executives in the region, and manage those
What We Want From You:
- 5-10 years of public affairs, public policy, or government
relations experience, preferably at high-growth companies,
startups, campaigns, and local government.
- Extensive relationships with key media, business, startup, and
civic leaders across Seattle, Portland and Denver.
- Experience managing lobbyists and consultants.
- Be a strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a
fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Experience working across various regions and/or
- Ability to develop strategic plans and advise senior leaders
while also delivering at the tactical/operational level - this
person should be able to conceptualize a strategy and directly
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation
skills: experience managing teams and working collaboratively
across multiple levels, functions and regions What We'll
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:--The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer,
tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment. WORKING
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up
to the entire duration of shift. REEF Technology is an equal
opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment
opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it
Keywords: Public Affairs Council, Denver , Head of Public Affairs, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!