Quality Welding Inspector
Company: Parkson Corp.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
***Must have experience with welding
inspections***Location:Golden, CO General Description:Responsible
for conducting incoming, in-process, and final inspections
utilizing drawings, specifications, and inspection sheets. Generate
nonconformance reports. Contributes in the implementation of
effective corrective and preventive actions. Sets up and operates
measuring tools (caliper, micrometers, welding gages, etc.).
Verifies that all necessary paperwork required for quality release
for a product is supplied by vendor. Primary Duties &
- Responsible for conducting incoming, in-process and final
inspections of Parkson/MRI equipment.
- Creates inspection reports for incoming, in-process and final
inspections conducted at supplier sites.
- Manages non-conformance reporting system to assist analyzing
quality problems, root cause investigations and determines
appropriate corrective/preventive action(s).
- Tracks suppliers' performance related to quality.
- Reviews project specification to identify quality compliance
requirements, communicates with sales and project management
department to ensure clear understanding of scope related to
quality.Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following
standards and procedures and complying with legal
regulations.Inspects and approves incoming materials by confirming
specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and
rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.Inspects in-process
production by confirming specifications, conducting visual and
measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to Quality
Engineer.Approves finished products by confirming specifications,
conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for
re-work if needed, and confirming re-work.Performs other related
duties as required. Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma minimum or technical trade school
- Course work toward inspection techniques, measurement methods
and data analysis preferred.
- 6 months minimum experience in manufacturing and
- Knowledge of quality control standards and testing
- Experience in performing welding inspections, non-destructive
examinations (NDE) at manufacturing facilities, experience with
standard inspection equipment such as caliper, micrometer, height
gage, welding gages, etc. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- MSOffice preferred.
- Ability to interpret fabrication drawings, weld symbols, bill
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Basic math skills Licenses and/or Certifications:CWI
Keywords: Parkson Corp., Denver , Quality Welding Inspector, Other , Golden, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!