Senior Enterprise IT&C Radio Frequency Systems Engineer
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Leidos is a Fortune 500 company aimed at embracing and solving some
of the world's most pressing challenges. Through science and
technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities
for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering
Leidos is seeking a Senior Enterprise IT&C Radio Frequency
Systems Engineer to support the US Antarctic Program (USAP). The
position is responsible for working with managers, engineers,
technicians, and end-users to actively advise and assist in all
aspects of RF communication systems engineering, operation,
sustainment, and decommissioning.
The successful candidate is to establish and maintain familiarity
with technical details of, and support requirements for, all radio
communication systems used throughout the USAP. Systems include HF,
VHF, UHF, microwave, paging, field and infrastructure wireless
links, L band satellite, and other RF equipment as assigned. The
position's nominal work location is in Centennial, Colorado and
supports numerous locations overseas. Operational locations include
but are not limited to McMurdo, Amundsen-Scott South Pole, and
Palmer stations, two marine research vessels, and logistics hubs in
New Zealand and Chile. This position coordinates support of RF
systems with IT&C Station Managers and their staff, members of
the science community, and engineering staff in the ASC Centennial
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design RF systems to expand, modify, replace, and decommission
RF equipment with the goal of modernizing systems, reducing
maintenance costs, improving reliability, expanding capabilities,
and applying best possible solutions to serve evolving mission
- Support all RF communications system development, operation,
and sustainment activities, including support to RF related
projects and science efforts.
- Create, execute, or provide remote technical support for the
execution of test plans to verify project performance
- Establish, update, and validate adequacy of both new and
existing RF equipment maintenance plans and procedures, to include
assuring adequate test equipment is available on stations.
- Identify and recommend life-cycle procurements for investment
- Document and validate system characteristics as required to
facilitate Spectrum Management.
- Maintain inventories of equipment.
- Develop seasonal technical plans as needed.
- Provide technical training, support, and guidance to station
- Create formal system documentation and status reports.
- Accomplish administrative functions on an as needed basis to
establish, coordinate, document, sustain, and curtail services
acquired through external entities.
- Maintain working relationships with IT&C Station Managers,
their staff, and Centennial-based engineering teams to ensure radio
communications success.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of experience or a Master's
Degree and 5+ years of experience; additional years of experience
will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Professional writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to create formal documents such as reports, proposals,
technical procedures, and system documentation for both
non-technical and technical audiences.
- Proficiency with nominal MS Office suite programs and
- Experience designing, installing, and maintaining radio
communication electronics to include HF, VHF, UHF, and microwave
- Experience with link budget and area coverage predictive
- Extensive knowledge of Land Mobile Radio (LMR) industry,
manufacturers, and technology.
- Antenna theory knowledge sufficient to define antennae
selection, placement, and mounting requirements to achieve proper
link margins and reliable area coverage.
- Experience working with remote technical teams and their
leadership, within a structured but matrixed organizational
- Experience training and providing both remote and on-site
support to technical teams.
- Knowledge of and ability to support Spectrum Management
- Experience with Radio Frequency Interference analysis and
- Well-developed organizational skills.*** Deployment to
Antarctica is required (approximately 6 to 8 weeks / year). The
individual in the position must successfully complete the physical
and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to
Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in
withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
- Knowledge of Project Management processes and procedures.
- Experience working with stakeholders to accomplish requirements
derivation, requirements allocation, timeline analysis, cost
estimation, and interface definition studies.
- Experience with RF analysis and modeling software such as STK,
- Experience conducting trade studies; researching new
technologies and industry trends.
- Functional knowledge of Iridium L band satellite systems
capabilities and service administration.
- Knowledge of cellular, WiFi, fiber, Telco, and wireless network
- Knowledge of regulations governing aviation and marine RF
- Experience working within a cross-functional design team
environment.Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated
Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related
IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering ServicesLeidos is growing! Connect with us on
LinkedIn and Facebook .
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees
with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning
training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral
Program , and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact,
in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500 -- information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of
approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3,
2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why
we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the
work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at
any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin,
citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure,
marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military
status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Leidos, Denver , Senior Enterprise IT&C Radio Frequency Systems Engineer, Other , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!