This requisition is for future work, if you meet the
requirements you will be contacted by the recruiter)
Are you a collaborative and highly skilled Principal Systems
Architect, who is accomplished, experienced and ready to meet new
challenges? Does protecting our nation while advancing the future
defense of our world through technical ingenuity excite you?
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Technologies builds world
class satellite ground systems and counters national security
threats through cyber solutions . We are a state-of-the-art
technology company because of our innovative thinkers.
Our employees matter. Your contribution is vital to everything
we build. As you drive the next phase of your career you will find
solutions to complex challenges and have the opportunity to mentor
team members by sharing your insight and experience. The Raytheon
Technologies culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop
solutions and shape products of the future.
The Systems Architect (SA) contributes to a team of systems
engineers in accomplishment of system and segment engineering tasks
in an iterative development environment. The SA provides technical
direction and clarification of requirements and design to the
software development teams and Integration, Verification and
Validation (IV&V) personnel.
The SA will displays extensive and substantial practical
knowledge and experience of the System Architect area and will
provide guidance to others including junior engineers encountering
unusual situations. Identifies the project, enterprise and
technology needs affecting the definition of the appropriate
lifecycle model, taking these into account in decision making. Uses
enterprise-level policies, procedures, guidance and best practice
to select lifecycles governing the project
The SA attends technical interchange meetings with the team
members and other program personnel, and represents the
organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her
project. The SA provides status on assigned Integrated Master
Schedule (IMS) tasks. The SA will lead document reviews and
resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues. The
candidate will supports ECP efforts as required. Must have the
ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned
* 8+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with
proven track record.
* Strong understanding of architecture governance and design
* Experience conducting system architecture in systems that
interact with multiple external entities.
* Experience leading or guiding IPTs, projects, and/or programs
consisting of Ground-related SE, SW development, and IV&V
* Experience helping to define and documenting enterprise-level
policies, procedures, guidance and best practice for systems
thinking activities, including associated tools.
* Experience reviewing the outputs of systems modeling and
analysis, ensuring the results can be used for the intended
* Ability to decompose and communicate system architecture and
* Ability to help create a vision and lead a team to implement
common principles across the enterprise
* Ability to determine solutions compliant with system
performance, availability and reliability constraints
* Experience leading IPTs, projects, and/or programs consisting
of Ground-related SE, SW development, and IV&V functions
* Experience in SE process development and deployment
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Reviews and
judges the suitability of capability solutions and the planned
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate
with management and individual contributors on the program team.
Advises stakeholders on issues affecting the broader engineering
approach to engineering activities.
* Proven written and oral communication skills, including
* Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
* Ability to obtain a TS SCI clearance
* Lead Systems Architect on a government contract
* Experience with ground equipment command and control
* Experience in systems engineering functions including:
operations concept development, requirements management, use case
development, technical risk management, ICD development
* Experience in an Agile development environment
* Experience with DevOps/SecDevOps
* Domain experience preferred
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Science, Technology,
Engineering, Mathematics (STEM)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.