Privacy Advisor I
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Privacy
Advisor I for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home
Office II/II, Colorado Springs Campus, Tampa Campus, Phoenix Campus
or Plano Legacy.
Participates in the development, implementation, management and
oversight of enterprise privacy programs and processes that support
effective risk and compliance management in the first line of
defense. Supports the enterprise Privacy Office and serves as a
subject matter expert for privacy to include federal and state
Partners and collaborates with the lines of business, Compliance
and Risk Management, Audit Services, Legal, and Regulators to
support privacy-based initiatives. Provides training and guidance
to employees within the various business areas that are accountable
for adhering to USAA's privacy standards, policies and guidelineJob
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. (17
seconds) (31 seconds)Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively
identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Coordinates, gathers and analyzes data trends and responds
accordingly to business specific privacy requirements and requests.
Applies proficient knowledge of the financial services industry and
privacy requirements, policies, laws, and regulations to daily
- Performs research, analysis and reporting to identify, resolve,
and explain cross-CoSA privacy issues and incidents. Gathers
information to support business analysis, resolve incidents and
issues, and identify points of escalation.
- Conducts required privacy assessments of business applications
to ensure compliance with published policies and standards.
- Proactively provides the business with privacy recommendations
and decisions to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and a
compliant implementation of business requirements.
- Applies proficient knowledge of critical business operations or
systems applications processes, procedures, and incident
remediation action plans to ensure appropriate escalations in
support of data incidents or other privacy related matters.
- Provides privacy input on business action plans, projects or
- Reviews business documents and forms to ensure compliance with
enterprise privacy policies and regulatory and legal requirements.
Partners with the business, Compliance, Risk Management, Audit
Services, and Legal to provide appropriate risk mitigation
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 additional years of related privacy, compliance, risk or
regulatory experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degreeMinimum Experience:
- 4 years of operations experience in a relevant functional area
to include financial services, insurance, banking, investment,
information technology, legal or other related operational areas
that support privacy/risk/compliance initiatives within the
- 2 years of privacy, compliance, risk or regulatory related
experience with accountability for moderate to complex projects,
processes or policies.
- Proven knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry
regulations and regulatory data sources.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and problem-solving
abilities requiring a high attention to detail.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to collaborate and
execute among cross-functional teams.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred Experience
- 3+ years of Banking experience.
- Experience implementing data capabilities to enable Bank
- Risk/Issue management expertise supporting Bank first line
controls and compliance testing.
- Direct exposure to Scaled Agile Framework project management
- IAPP (e.g., CIPP, CIPT, CIPM) certification a plus.
- Coding Capability
- Experience in SQL/SASThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 11/09/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Denver , Privacy Advisor I, Other , Peyton, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!