Position Type :
Full time Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education) Education
Bachelor of Computer Science Travel Percentage :
0% Job Description
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through
research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of
applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems
considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation
time and form of desired results.
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of
requirements and translation into proper system requirement
• Influences business partners and service providers regarding
priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and
best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
• Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and
identifies improvement opportunities.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions
or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
• Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and
• Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to
support business processes.
• Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on
users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
• Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop
or modify complex information systems.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are
made to the application meet client needs and that application
integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration,
readiness and acceptance tests. Ensures changes made by programmers
• Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs
will be met.
• Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to
one part of the application do not impact other parts.
• Reports and reviews testing results.
• Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new
systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom
training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
• May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less
experienced business systems analysts.
• Considers business implications of the application of
technology to the current business environment.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or
the equivalent combination of education, training, or work
experience. Master’s degree desirable.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of FIS’ products and services
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e.,
waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition
disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and
techniques including conceptual solution component models, business
process models, use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of
customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical
and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization,
e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge
and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team,
and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small
projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level role. Moderate skills with high level of
proficiency. Develops and implements solutions that require
analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects
that require increased skill in business modeling and requirements
definition, multiple products/services, and one or more technical
environments. Possesses knowledge in a specific business area.
Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a
project lead. May coach junior business system analysts. Works
under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically
requires four or more years business systems analysis
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all
personal information that we process in order to provide services
to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects
personal information online, please see the Online Privacy
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information,
national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here
supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be
required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this
job description care was taken to include all competencies needed
to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of
the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA
reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests
will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a
relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment
agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies
which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible
for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our
employees, or any other part of our company.