Certified Facility Operator II (Wastewater) - $1000 Sign-On Bonus
Company: Shea Properties
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Location: Englewood, Colorado, , United StatesPosted:
2020-03-13Position Title: Certified Facility Operator II
(Wastewater) - $1000 Sign-On BonusCompany Name: Shea
PropertiesSector: Skilled LaborJob Duration: IndefiniteRequired
Travel: 0-10%Meridian Metropolitan District
We manage and operate water and sewer infrastructure and treatment
facilities serving over 20,000 customers. We are located at I-25
and C-470 along the southeast corridor and the service area is
about 2,000 acres in size.
The Certified Facility Operator II (Wastewater) is responsible for
operating all or portions of the District facility systems in
conjunction with specified operator's level. Maintain all facility
systems to ensure their proper operating condition. Maintain
efficient facility buildings and stations for the safe, quick
handling of routine maintenance. May direct the routine maintenance
activities of full-time, part-time or temporary helpers, as needed.
This position requires the operator to be available for
24-hour-a-day scheduling for emergency responses and subsequent
emergency on call duties.
- Maintain a safe working environment for employees and
- Perform and complete facility plant checks, process control,
process control sampling, site security, and record pertinent data,
maintain an onsite log and monthly reports of operations and
- Collects daily wastewater samples, performs multiple laboratory
tests, maintains and records accurate laboratory results and
- Performs routine laboratory sampling and makes process control
changes based on laboratory results.
- Assist with wastewater data entry for permit compliance (State
- Recommend and order parts and materials, arrange for special
outside repairs, and special equipment rentals, as approved.
- Maintain testing, operation, and repair and maintenance record
keeping systems including those needed for permit reporting.
- Provide assistance for repair of District facilities such as
water operations (e.g., pumps, wells), wastewater operations (e.g.,
lift stations, pumps) and irrigation system operations (e.g.,
- Provide existing District facility "locates" for construction
of new facilities to be added to the District's treatment plant
system by outside contractors.
- Assist with meter reading activities in support of water system
billings if required.
- Assist in general grounds maintenance activities such as snow
removal as needed.
- May supervise full-time or temporary employees as needed to
complete such tasks as routine maintenance or installation of
- Cooperate, communicate and work together with all co-workers;
plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction,
including appropriate judgment
- Other duties as required. Technical/Professional Knowledge
(Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Operate hand and power tools
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must maintain a valid Colorado driver's license
- Successfully obtain and maintain a minimum of a B operations
certification in Wastewater treatment from the Colorado
- Water Collection and or Distribution certifications level is
desired but not required for this position.
- Other certifications a plus Work Environment The Certified
Operator II (Wastewater) work schedule may vary. Hours are normally
from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, the
position is required to work weekends (Sat/Sun) or late at night if
there are heavy snow falls or emergencies. However, the Certified
Facility Operator II (Wastewater) should be flexible and available
to meet the needs of the business and/or customers. Work is
primarily performed in a treatment plant environment or field
setting, on diverse grounds surrounding apartment units, office,
industrial and retail space environments and occasionally performed
in an office environment. With regular exposure to heavy vehicle
traffic conditions, frequent street-traffic and equipment noise,
working with/near moving motorized equipment and hand-tools,
mechanical parts, chemicals and airborne particles. Will work in
all weather conditions, with constant interruptions, risk of
electrical shock and potentially explosive gases. The incumbent
will be exposed to wet, humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme
heat, and work in tight enclosed environments. Physical
Requirements While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl,
and reach with hands and arms and lift objects up to 50-75 pounds.
The employee is required to be proficient in speaking to customers,
and have flexible and adaptable vision, including close,
peripheral, depth-perception and the ability to adjust focus. Must
be able to operate company vehicle during the course of duties.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other
eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Keywords: Shea Properties, Denver , Certified Facility Operator II (Wastewater) - $1000 Sign-On Bonus, Other , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!