Company: Guild Education
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Guild is hiring for a Decision Scientist who will sit at the
intersection of data, product, technology, business operations, and
internal strategy, to help inform Guild's most interesting business
needs. You will work across the company to serve as a thought
partner and data expert to help drive data driven decisions, build
algorithms and tools.
As a Decision Scientist you will:
- Serve as the primary analytics partner for operating teams
across the organization including Marketing, Product, and Student
Operations to help teams make the best data informed decisions by
deeply understanding trends, advising on best practices for
collecting data, and building statistical models.
- Mine structured and unstructured data to identify trends and
run descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses aimed at
making strategic recommendations and embedding analytical solutions
across the organization.
- Identify, validate, and make use of data from disparate data
sources, working with Operations, Product and Engineering teams to
collect new data as needed.
- Define and monitor adherence to best practices to ensure data
is captured in a way that it can be used to help make impactful
- Design, develop, and deploy A/B tests and algorithms to help
better serve our students, using results to drive improved
- Serve as a cross-functional consultant to inform strategic and
operating business questions by translating business needs into
analyses. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data
sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and
solutions, analyzing the business case and tradeoffs, and managing
the implementation of recommendations.
In addition to working on the Decision and Data Science team, in
this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including:
Noah Yetter, Kate Rossiter, and Christine Hettinger.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in decision science, data science,
analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with high attention to
detail and accuracy.
- Proven business experience with a scripting language like
Python or R, SQL, as well as Excel/Google Sheets, and BI Tools
(Looker a plus)
- Experience working cross-functionally with business partners to
solve problems, achieve goals, and generate maximum
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver
who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and
translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build
analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations,
and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing
- Passion for our mission - Guild is pioneering a new path for
education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space -
success means quickly and effectively adapting your
- Something else? Wonderful, we're curious to learn more about
Keywords: Guild Education, Denver , Decision Scientist, Other , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!