Early Childhood Family Services Clinician
Company: Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Location: Wheat Ridge
Posted on: December 5, 2019
To provide office and home-based treatment to families with
children ages 8 and under. An episode-of-care model, trauma
informed care, and CPP is used on this team. Case management with
various community agencies is required. Will attend staffings at
schools, CYF, and other community agencies. May testify in
* Conduct intake assessments and opens charts in Electronic medical
* Provide time-limited, low intensity in-home treatment to children
and families ages 0-5.
* Meet caseload expectations of a minimum of 50 cases per 1 FTE
clinician, picks up new cases within expected time-frame.
* Crisis intervention as needed.
* Engage consumer and family in the treatment process and
goal-setting. Identifies risk factors including lethality.
* Work constructively with consumer to reach agreed upon outcome,
and coordinates care with internal and external providers.
Maintains appropriate professional standards and provides
appropriate follow-up for consumers.
* Attend psychiatric appointments as needed. Consult with the
psychiatrist as needed to provide clinical information.
* Provide trauma assessments and treatment.
* Collaborate with parent educators working with families.
* Refer clients to community resources and additional programs
within the Center.
* Facilitate parenting groups as assigned.
* Submit monthly progress reports to social services on
core-service funded clients and on all clients with an open social
* Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and
spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Maintain effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers,
subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general
* Effectively respons to client/consumer needs and problems,
initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to
phone calls, pages, email and other requests.
* Attend staffings at schools, hospitals, other community agencies
to monitor and plan a comprehensive treatment approach
* Attend mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized
training plan as required.
* Participate in supervision by coming prepared. Reports high
risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach as well
as feedback. Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon
* Work cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate,
and in agreement with supervisor. Volunteers to work on Center
committees and/or task forces.
* Submit 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days
* Complete 95% of all paperwork by the due date.
* Ensure that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by
* Complete 95% of case closings within 90 days after last
* Meet required number of consumer service hours as determined by
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
Master's degree in social work, counseling, or related field from
an accredited university/college, licensure preferred. Two or more
years related experience and/or training. Knowledge and experience
in early childhood development preferred. Experience in working
with high-risk families. Ability to work cooperatively with other
systems and community agencies. Skills in crisis intervention,
behavioral/cognitive/ family treatment or other applicable
treatment techniques, and family education. Knowledge of systems
perspective, trauma informed care, solution-focused, episodes of
care, resiliency, stages of change, Play therapy, CPP, motivational
interviewing, groups and family treatment. Good computer
Keywords: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Denver , Early Childhood Family Services Clinician, Other , Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!