Company: Caliper Foods
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About CaliperCaliper Holdings was founded in 2015 on the belief
that cannabinoids represent a new category of functional
ingredients, but their promise will only be realized if we can push
past the hype and focus on developing standardized, consistent,
clinically validated consumer products. Our CBD division, Caliper
Foods, includes Caliper, the only CBD brand with clinically proven
fast-acting products, and Caliper Ingredients, the only supplier of
standardized, compliant, clean-label cannabinoid ingredients that
come with FTC-grade pharmacokinetic claims. Our THC division,
Ripple, produces and sells THC edibles brand in Colorado and
Michigan, and is the only THC brand with clinically proven
About the JobWe are looking for an Associate Counsel to handle
day-to-day legal tasks across our different lines of business. You
will work on legal matters across a wide range of areas, including
commercial contracts, strategic agreements, risk mitigation
strategies, corporate governance, regulatory filings, and
intellectual property protection and licensing. You'll work
directly with team members across the organization to spot legal
issues and collaboratively figure out how to move the business
forward while managing (but not wholly eliminating) legal and
regulatory risk. Over time, we'll come to rely on you as our go-to
person for help answering regulatory questions and devising
creative solutions to novel business issues.
We are a 100% vaccinated company. All employees must either be
fully vaccinated or in the process of becoming fully vaccinated for
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements in
all facets of our business - partnerships, sales, real estate,
financing, advertising, etc.
- Developing and executing a risk mitigation strategy
encompassing insurance and non-traditional mitigation measures to
protect the company/staff, fulfill regulatory requirements, and
support new business development
- Overseeing corporate governance matters, including Board of
Directors meetings, corporate records, and regulatory filings
- Managing our IP portfolio and developing a forward-looking IP
strategy, including leading any new necessary filings
- Administering our stock plan and handling all equity
compensation records and agreements
- Keeping updated on evolving state and national marijuana and
hemp regulations and understanding which doors such regulatory
changes open and close for our business
- Selecting and managing outside counsel relationships to assist
in all of the above with an eye toward efficiency in time and
What we'll love about you:
- You're a lawyer, but not one of those lawyers - you understand
that taking risks is part of doing business, so you better
understand the risks the business is taking.
- You're a top-notch issue spotter, but you get a greater charge
from solving issues than from merely pointing them out.
- You love working on hard technical and business problems in a
fast-paced environment with really smart, high-integrity
- You can coherently explain legal issues without alienating
non-attorneys or omitting crucial nuances (and you hate writing
- Your default answer to any question isn't "no, that's too
risky," but rather, "yes, and here's how we can manage the
- You've spent enough time working at law firms to know their
strengths and weaknesses
- You are constantly learning new things, and you love it.
What you'll love about us:
- We are a team of competent, motivated, diverse, and decent
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits,
sick leave, 401k, and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We value reasoned debate over political maneuvering. We try to
do the right thing and, more importantly, we try to identify and
admit when we don't.
- We offer flexible PTO for all full-time employees. We too value
health, relaxation, and spending time with friends and family.
- Fire drills are the exception, not the norm.
- For more details on the culture we foster, visit:
- A law degree from an accredited institution and an active law
license in Colorado.
- 5+ years practicing law in a relevant specialty - commercial
contracts experience is a must; some IP and/or employment law
experience is preferred.
- 2+ years experience practicing law in-house, preferably at a
technology company, food or supplements company, or other
fast-paced startup environment.
- Some knowledge of, and affinity for, the cannabis and hemp
industries, particularly as to their unique legal and regulatory
Keywords: Caliper Foods, Denver , Associate Counsel, Legal , Westminster, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!