Citation Sovereign Corporate Jet Part 91 Captain
Company: MAYO AVIATION
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location CO - Mayo - Englewood,
COPosition Type Full-TimeEducation Level Bachelor's DegreeSalary
Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage UndisclosedJob Shift AnyJob
Category UndisclosedDescription The Citation Sovereign Jet Captain
serves as Pilot in Command (PIC) for flights to which they are
assigned. On occasion Captains may also be designated to serve as
Second in Command (SIC) on a flight or series of flights. Captains
report to the Chief Pilot or his designee, as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Captain duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Captain, as PIC, is the final authority for the safe
operation of the aircraft.
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with the FAA regulations,
Company Flight Operations Manual, Operations Specifications, LOA's,
Flight Manuals, etc. and other instructions pertinent to the
- Be familiar with all available information required for safe
operation of each flight to which assigned.
- Conduct proper pre-flight planning prior to each flight
including, but not limited to: weather analysis, airport
suitability, routing, aircraft loading and performance
calculations, aircraft airworthiness determination, etc.
- Utilize CRM skills to maintain a high degree of crew
coordination, performing duties in a professional, efficient, and
cordial manner at all times.
- Mentor First Officers and direct their activities when assigned
as SIC ensuring that flight crew members understand fully and
completely what individual duties they are expected to
- Promote and foster a safe operating environment, proactively
contributing to Mayo Aviation's Safety Management System.
- Ensure compliance with all security procedures and
- Maintain a current First-Class medical certificate and notify
the Chief Pilot should a medical condition impair your ability to
perform as a crew member.
- Maintain all FAA and Company currency requirements.
- As a key representative of the company, present a professional
image in all environments and ensure assigned crew members present
- Ensure all crew members are providing the highest level of
customer service at all times.
- Work effectively with and assist other team members as
necessary to meet client expectations. Qualifications EDUCATION &
- Bachelor's degree preferred KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- ATP certificate with multi-engine land rating.
- First-Class medical certificate.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator's Permit.
- Minimum flight experience required:
- 5000 hours total fixed-wing flight time.
- 2000 hours PIC fixed-wing flight time (PIC for this purpose is
defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the
sole manipulator of the controls).
- 500 hours turbine time.
- 1500 hours MEL time
- 500 hours Jet time
- 500 hours MEL PIC time
- 300 hours instrument time OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Hold a valid passport.
- Read, write and speak fluently the English language.
- Successfully pass the following checks:
- Pre-employment DOT drug screen.
- PRIA background check.
- Criminal History Records Check. WORKING CONDITIONS Working
conditions are those of a typical flight operation. The working
environment is subject to varying locations and climatic
conditions, variable hours and time zone changes, jet fuel and
exhaust fumes, and noise from aircraft and ground equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS The position requires physical exertion such
as pulling, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing, squatting,
bending and lifting of bags and equipment. BENEFITS
- Medical (HDHP and PPO), dental, and vision insurance for
employees, their spouses and dependents
- Wellness program
- Earn up to $1000 per year for eligible medical expenses
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability - 100% company paid
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
insurance - 100% company paid with buy-up option for employee and
- 401(k) retirement plan (discretionary match) - Eligible within
the first 30 days
- Aflac (supplemental cancer, hospital, and accident
- Legal Shield/ID Shield
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Uniform allowance: $300 per year
- Cell phone allowance: $15 per month
- FAA medical allowance: $90 per physical and $70 per EKG
- Passport fee: 100% of normal, non-expedited amount
- Dry cleaning uniform allowance: 100% of dry cleaning cost
- Per Diem when traveling:$2.62/hour domestic and $2.83/hour
- Known Crew Member - available
- Employee Discounts
- Verizon Wireless
- Key Bank Services Note: Employees are held accountable for all
duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an
all-inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities or
qualifications associated with the job. All positions are subject
to a background check and drug test. Mayo Aviation Inc. is an EEOC
Keywords: MAYO AVIATION, Denver , Citation Sovereign Corporate Jet Part 91 Captain, IT / Software / Systems , Englewood, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!